British Speedway Forum
Mateusz

Polish Winter 2005/2006

Fredrik Lindgren is likley to be lining up in Poland next season.

David Howe is also likley to join eitheir Rawicz or Rzeszow (instead of Max)

Krystian Klecha has signed with Bydgoszcz for next 2 years in advance :)

Can anyone tell me where I can find a list/webpage of all the latest transfers? I've looked on a few of the polish sites but have had no joy mainly because i can't understand polish. :rolleyes:

There've not been any transfers made yet. I'll try to keep this topic up-to-date but if SportoweFakty.pl or other website makes a special page with transfer lists I'll put a link here as well.

Anyone have news on Gorzow?Seen on the net that they maybe have lost their sponsor and could be in financial trouble.Maybe have to drop down a league?Not seen anything concrete on this.Is it just a rumour? :unsure:

Edited by iris123

Yo, I was talking to some Polish buddies from Leszno at the Czech golden helmet...they assure me Walasek will sign for them next season. They said Ulamek would leave Czestochowa too-they weren´t sure where he would end up. Bad relations with management etc as reasons. Under performing in the playoffs too. They thought Sullivan would stay but weren´t 100% depends on fitness and other options. I don´t know where they got this info so I don´t know ow reliable it is.

Anyone have news on Gorzow?Seen on the net that they maybe have lost their sponsor and could be in financial trouble.Maybe have to drop down a league?Not seen anything concrete on this.Is it just a rumour?

Gorzow lost their sponsor when they failed to advance to e-liga. The club has been in financial disarray for the last five years.

At the beginning of 2005 campaign a local businessman (who owns a chain of electronics shops called, "Mars"' ) declared he'd invest 170,000GBP and the management would have find the rest to balance the budget (approx. 500,000GBP budget). But there was an ultimatum, either the team advances to e-liga or else....The problem was that Mars and the team management started setting goals (advance to e-liga and in 2006 e-liga championship!!!) for the team before the season even started and since the team was financially stable anything short of an advance was unacceptable. Forgetting this is just sports the team failed to advance and all those propaganda-like rumblings fell through.

Two weeks ago Mars filed for bankruptcy and protection from its creditors. The company is over 22 million GBP in debt. On thursday the authorities were called in to Mars' distribution centre where two trucks were filled with electronics ready to leave the warehouse. Prosecutors have filed a charge against the businessman who tried to ship out the equipment worth 1.5 million GBP,which is an asset of his creditors.

The team is close to 1 million GBP in debt and will likely file for bankruptcy and that means an automatic relegation to 2nd div.

Iris, if you want to see some decent speedway come to Zielona Gora, we should have a young and exciting team next season.

Iris, if you want to see some decent speedway come to Zielona Gora, we should have a young and exciting team next season.

Thanks for the info tommy.Sounds serious. :( Can't say i really have a favourite Polish team,but because of Eddie Jancarz,Gorzow would be one that i look out for.Would hope to get there next season for the Jancarz meeting,if its on.

As for Zielona Gora,would like to plan things better next year so that i can get to a meeting.Would really like to see Kevin Wölbert ride in Poland.So once the fixtures are out i will try and plan things better.Have found a couple of bus companies that do Hamburg-Poland. :D

Edited by iris123

Would really like to see Kevin Wölbert ride in Poland

Talked to a friend of mine who is in ZG promotion and he told me Kevin has Polish citizenship, which means he could compete for a junior spot on the team and ride in numerous junior meetings. :)

Talked to a friend of mine who is in ZG promotion and he told me Kevin has Polish citizenship, which means he could compete for a junior spot on the team and ride in numerous junior meetings. :)

Must say i'm getting confused with all this.I thought it was enough just to take out a "local" licence,but not sure now.For instance,Marcin Sekula was riding in the 2.Bundesliga this year and i thought he maybe just took out a german licence but have seen that the rules were changed and riders must have citizenship.Now surely Marcin doesn't have german citizenship as he also rides in polish 2nd division and in polish junior champ,etc. :unsure:

Last year Stralsund rode with up to 3 polish riders.Puszakowski,Frankow and Kowalski but i'm sure 2 had german licences.

Anyway whatever happens i hope Kevin gets a place,i'm sure he will do well.He is one of the few local riders i really enjoy watching :D

This just in from Tarnow - "Little Chelsea in Malopolska Region" :P

Marcin Rempala has come to terms with Unia Tarnow and will be representing the team next season. Terms of the new contract were not disclosed. Official signing will take place in November, after his current contract expires.

It seems that negotiations with Janusz Kolodziej are ongoing as well.

In an newspaper interview this week Unia Tarnow manager Szczepan Bukowski confirmed that Tony Rickardsson is expected in Tarnow next week, so there is a strong chance we could expect conclusions of his negotiations. According to Bukowski Unia has come to terms with Tony concerning the number of matches Tony will ride in. Apparently Tony has agreed to ride in 10 matches. The rest is suppose to go to Scott Nicholls, also supposly negotiating, who has requested certain minimum number of events he would like to ride in for Unia.

While all this sound hanky dory, we need to consider that Unia main sponsor during last 3 years - Rafineria Trzebinia's involvment in Tarnow is still up in the air. We were expecting to hear their decission this week, apparently they are still working on the future promotion plan so we have to wait a little more.

Stay tuned for next developments :)

This report is brought to you by you local friendly toyota dealer. I love what you do for me toyota :lol:

Edited by Leliwa

2) Rzeszow are about to sign with Max

Max unlikley to ride anywhere in 2006 due to his injuries

4) Bydgoszcz have already 5 riders for 2006: Jonsson, PePe, Buczkowski (19), Jedrzejewski (18), Lopaczewski (16 but very gifted; passed his speedway licence exam five weeks ago). Sawina and Klecha are to stay as well but Krzyzaniak's and Robacki's situation is very uncertain after a poor season of them. Polonia's eye is kept on Miskowiak, Chrzanowski, Kosciecha and at least one of them should be signed... There's also a rumour about Hampel (!) but honestly I don't believe it much.

Krzysztof Pecyna will be signing for Bydgoszcz for 2006

Spoke to PK at coventry after the craven shield and Max is riding a bike again, He will ride in Poland and Sweeden next year (has signed for Luxo in Sweeden.) He may be back in the UK but not in march.