British Speedway Forum
Mateusz

Polish Winter 2005/2006

Any news on 2.Liga? What teams will start.Will the Ukraine and Latvians be back?Will more countries enter? :unsure:

2nd liga:

-Opole

-Daugavpils, Latvia

-Rowne, Ukraine (not official yet)

-Rawicz

-Pila

-Lodz

-Karakow

-Miszkolc, Hungary (lot's of rumours that they'll join the league)

-Lwow, Ukranie (possible, but very unlikely)

Thanks Tommy,

Yes the reason i asked about other countries was because i thought Miszkolc were being considered.What has happened to Lodz?Just a sponsor change or name change?

Was the border trouble,travelling to Ukraine/Latvia less this year?

Edited by iris123

Is Karakow's English name Krakow? as in the place Krakow?

To partly answer iris123's question, when I asked about going Ukraine for a school trip, they mentioned the great difficult with visas for Ukraine.

Not Karakow but Kraków. In English Cracow.

Tony Rickardsson has signed a new contract in Tarnow and he will be Unia's rider in his last season 2006 !!!

More info (in Polish) and photos HERE

:D:D:D

Edited by zbiru

2nd liga:

-Opole

-Daugavpils, Latvia

-Rowne, Ukraine (not official yet)

-Rawicz

-Pila

-Lodz

-Karakow

-Miszkolc, Hungary (lot's of rumours that they'll join the league)

-Lwow, Ukranie (possible, but very unlikely)

It's an official story here that the Daugavpils team is riding in the finnish league next year, at least that's what I've understood. Busy summer...

Tommy,

What's your opinion on G.Klopot? Any good

I think he's a lost cause, Klopot has shown flashes of briliance over his 10 year career but has never shown a steady level, his good meetings were always followed by bad ones. In one word: Inconsistent.

It was only last year, after Zielona Gora let him go that he signed a professional contract with Gdansk (first time in his career!). I think he lacks drive to improve and always seemed to be content with being mediocre, which is a shame because he has the talent (or at least had it).I don't know maybe he can regain his confidence in Gdansk or where ever he ends up, just got to remeber he's 27 and should be in the prime of his career.

I think he's a lost cause, Klopot has shown flashes of briliance over his 10 year career but has never shown a steady level, his good meetings were always followed by bad ones. In one word: Inconsistent.

:rolleyes:

Yes,was just looking at some of his scores and sometimes better than Nicki P and others,well :( Just wondering as he is riding here in a few weeks time.Thanks

ust wondering as he is riding here in a few weeks time

np, whereabouts is the meeting?who else is riding?

Stralsund 3.12.05

L.Linette

W.Zurawski

R.Mikolajczak

R.Kowalski

P.Vandirek

A.Vandirek

C.Hefenbrock

K.Wölbert

A.Minigalejev

The line up isn't finalised yet.Supposed to be an international pairs and a meeting for Germans and then the best from both meet in the final.That is depending on the weather as it starts to get cold from tomorrow onwards by the look of it :(

Edited by iris123

I see that sportowefakty.pl has Grzegorz Walasek signed for Zielona Gora. That has to make Zielona Gora strong favourites to return to the Ekstra Liga in 2007. In fact, sportowefakty.pl have 10 riders already signed for Zielona Gora, including 6 juniors. I guess they'll be looking to hang on to Lee Richardson as a foreign rider?

Looks like the good times could be returning to Zielona Gora.

Was at the party last night, what a night! Spoke to Walasek (sgined 2 year contract!), he knows that there is a lot of pressure on him to be the leader, shouldn't be a problem in 1st div. though. Zielona Gora is the juggernaut of 1st div. Okoniewski also signed the dotted line :)!

Due to really stupid rules GP riders can ONLY ride in ekstraliga, which means that we automatically lose Nicki P. and Lee :(....ZG is in negotiations with Hamill, Lindgren and P.Karlsson.