British Speedway Forum
Mateusz

Polish Winter 2005/2006

Great news for ZG that they have Walask on board, I'd expect him to get around a whopping average in Division 1.

I take it all thoughts of an expanded Ekstaliga are out the window then Tommy ? Hope your hangover is ok !

Rico :rolleyes:

Won't that end his chances of getting picked for the Polish team or getting a nomination for the GP quali's,riding outside the Ekstraliga ?

Now I can write what had been not for public by yesterday. Walasek had 2 offers at the same financial level - from ZG and Bydgoszcz. The biggest advantage of Bydgoszcz was that it's Ekstraliga but he might not have found so many sponsors here and generally he wanted to settle somewhere for a longer time, not to jump from a club to another every year. ZG are in Division 1 but it's his home so he has finally chosen Zielona.

Congrats to Falubaz, hope to see you in Ekstraliga soon... :) Shame to Bydgoszcz as we are still looking for one strong link to complete our squad.

Today GKSZ have decided that nothing's changing and there's still only one foreigner in a match line-up. And still the same - GP riders only for Ekstraliga.

No Loramski's come back to Bydgoszcz for next year then :( We (and similar the other teams) got to choose between exorbitant offers of our Polish "stars". You would be shocked if you knew how much some of them want... This is the main reason which makes today's decision stupid :angry:

Robert Sawina signed today for 2006 and Polonia Bydgoszcz current line-up is:

1. Jonsson

2. Klecha

3. Sawina

4. ???

5. PePe

6. Buczkowski

7. Jedrzejewski

+ 16 y.o. Lopaczewski.

Robacki and old Krzyzaniak are given free hand by the management. They can sign with Polonia and then probably expect to be lent. The darkest vision is that unless we succeed in any talks with new potential riders, we will have to put Robacki into the team. Krzyzaniak would like to come back to Torun :P but the matter is if they would like to get him... :wink:

Edited by Mateusz

I guess Walasek's now around 30-31 and his GP chances have passed him by. If he still has GP ambitions, I guess he's missed out on entry for 2006 and will be expecting Zielona Gora to be back in the Ekstra Liga for 2007. As for Poland, I guess that's up to the Polish team manager. Worth noting that PK (rode for Sweden in the SWC), Max (would've ridden for Sweden if he hadn't been injured) and Loram (would probably've ridden for England if he hadn't been injured) all ride in the Polish second tier. And so does Pawel Hlib who was included in Poland's squad.

Not really worth noting that foreign riders were in the lower league as they have little chance to do otherwise,plus they ride in the top league in their homeland.Hlib is on his way up,so they might just want to introduce him to the squad early? Maybe you are right and he has given up on the GP's,but he is just the sort of rider i was expecting to be in and go into the final of the GP quali.Concentrate on the European Championship maybe?.Anyway i hope we still get to see a lot of him here next year.

I take it all thoughts of an expanded Ekstaliga are out the window then Tommy ? Hope your hangover is ok !

Siema Rico!

Unfortunately yes :( ,the sad part is that we have to spend the upcoming season in 1st div. yet we have a stronger line up than this past season. The hangover isn't too bad considering the celebrations finished around 5am. So tonite i'm staying in and tomorrow off to a bar to watch Barcelona vs. Real...oh what hard life ;)

During the ceremonies our group Falubaz Net F@ns received and award for creating awesome presentations during meetings and for sticking with the team through ups and downs.

Photos here

and Here

Edited by tommy

-Daugavpils, Latvia

-Rowne, Ukraine (not official yet)

-Miszkolc, Hungary (lot's of rumours that they'll join the league)

-Lwow, Ukranie (possible, but very unlikely)

It's ironic that the Polish chairman of the UEM Track Racing Commission was dead against the international league that was formed a few years ago, and yet the Polish League seems to be becoming a de-facto European League!

This is how the Poles manage to get away with it. The clubs are disciplined and stick together.

I'd think there would be plenty of grounds to bring a case against the Polish speedway authorities under EU law. Whilst I can actually sympathise with what they're trying to achieve, I'm afraid that sport cannot ignore the rules that Poland signed-up to when they joined the EU.

Rzeszow re-signed veteran Dariusz Sledz, juniors Dawid Stachyra and Pawel Miesiac. Next up for negotiations is Maciej Kuciapa and Karol Baran.

I'd think there would be plenty of grounds to bring a case against the Polish speedway authorities under EU law. Whilst I can actually sympathise with what they're trying to achieve, I'm afraid that sport cannot ignore the rules that Poland signed-up to when they joined the EU.

From the article on Sportowefakty i think the authorities are battling with this one now!

Some bosses of speedway clubs who were unsatisfied with the limit of foreigners made a complaint to the Polish Ministry of Sport saying that it's not compatibile with the UE law. The Ministry agreed and today PZMot (Polish Motorcycle Federation) decided that there are no limits for foreigners any more!

Sounds like a revolution in Polish league speedway... And it's not only about riders from the UE but all over the world.

Edited by Mateusz

As I said, it was up to the clubs to act. It seems they have. But I believe they'll come to regret it in the future.

Heard today from Smederna Chief Göran Karlsson that Scott Nicholls is ready for Unia Tarnow.

Scott is also moving his base to Eskilstuna, Sweden.

Heard today from Smederna Chief Göran Karlsson that Scott Nicholls is ready for Unia Tarnow.

Which could give Unia Tarnow a top 5 of:

1..T Rickardsson

2..M Rempala

3..J Kolodziej

4..S Nicholls

5..T Gollob

Ouch.

But would Tomasz Gollob want to stay with a club that had no place for brother Jacek?

Edited by Subedei