British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
covbees7

World Cup 2006

any truth in the rumour that the entire world cup is to be held at blunsdon next year? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::D

Well i think they should have it in Germany alongside the football one.With Lindbäck in it we might even attract some of those lovely Brazilian ladies along :P

Swindon provided the finest racing in this years world cup, hope its true.

Nonsense. The racing at Wroclaw was far superior and the racing at Eskilstuna was on another planet.

Swindon provided the finest racing in this years world cup, hope its true.

Good point the meetings in poland like most matches in poland were rubbish :mad:

Good point the meetings in poland like most matches in poland were rubbish

Yes, all that overtaking. Who needs it?

I hated the system of having the World Cup in three places. If you do four meetings in a week at 3 different venues in one country, its creates a carnival atmosphere. It worked with Poole and Eastbourne, Wroclaw had a party atmosphere aswell, Denmark however in the last World Cup had a terrible following which was a shame. Personally Im for a Poland/Britain/Sweden World Cup, keep where the markets will sell out the stadiums. Also Sky must be present from the stadium it comes across as a lot more exciting than a GP meeting.

Good point the meetings in poland like most matches in poland were rubbish  :mad:

Mateusz, a guy from Bydgoszcz on here sent me a few Polish matches. Trust me there is more passing in one heat than there is one meeting in Britain. Reserves past heat leaders, the tracks built for racing because the riders want to race, Jonsson after watching him in Polonia jacket has struck me as one of my favourite current riders.

Perhaps, like F1 tracks, the competition will go to the highest bidding venue? What might Swindon fork out for the honour of hosting the world cup? :unsure:

I'd say the Czech Republic, with the Marketa and Pardubice, should perhaps get a shout at it. But a weak team probably rules that out.

I'd say the Czech Republic, with the Marketa and Pardubice, should perhaps get a shout at it. But a weak team probably rules that out.

Good idea. The Czech need a world class rider to be discovered soon, Poland is the easier option with so many FIM-approved tracks, decent views from most positions. (Bydgoszcz is one of the worst)