British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Sean’s Cracker.... Sunday 19th March

Don’t forget that Sean Wilson’s 20 year celebration meeting – The Sean Cracker will be held at Sheffield’s Owlerton Stadium this Sunday March 19 at 5:00 pm.

The line up contains a glittering array of the world’s top speedway stars, and is certain to be a great afternoon out.

1. Sean Wilson

2. Chris Harris

3. Ryan Sullivan

4. Leigh Adams

5. Simon Stead

6. Andre Compton

7. David Norris

8. Nicki Pedersen

9. Gary Havelock

10. Sebastian Ulamek

11. Billy Hamill

12. Joe Screen

13. Steve Johnston

14. Jason Crump

15. Fredrik Lindgren

16. Scott Nicholls

Reserves

17. Ben Wilson

18. Kyle Legault

There is a £15,000 prize fund comprising a 2006 model GSX-R 600 superbike, a brand new GM engine, a Cooper replica 125 X-sport dirt bike and a Teng tools stacking tool box.

There is a free DVD for the first 3000 fans through the gates, the back straight viewing area will be open for the first time since the world cup of 2002, and one of the most outstanding programmes ever seen at a speedway meeting – certainly a collectors item.

After the meeting there will be an auction in the Panorama room where items such as Sean’s 20 year celebration meeting kevlars, unique paintings of Sean and all the rider’s race jackets for the event will be up for grabs.

Get there early the gates open at 3:00 pm – it really is going to be a CRACKER.

Can anybody give me a loan of a speedway bike? How long will it take to learn? :shock:

Sounds as if it is going to be a top class meeting with that sort of money up for grabs :)

That's a pretty damn decent purse! If Sean can get a suitably balanced field, that should be a cracking early season meeting. I feel a trip to South Yorkshire coming on already...

But if I recall Sean Wilson joined Sheffield in 1999 meaning he is due a testimonial in 2008, next year is 2006. Perhaps if you do get a bike Lioness you too will be eligible for a testimonial next year

I think you will find that it is celebrating 20 years in speedway, but the BSPA have to call it a testimonial to sign it off.

It's only October and I'm looking forward to this already. Heard last night he's already confirmed a few riders and is hoping to get GP riders and top EL stars, as well as some good PL riders. Should be a fantastic meeting.

It's only October and I'm looking forward to this already. Heard last night he's already confirmed a few riders and is hoping to get GP riders and top EL stars, as well as some good PL riders. Should be a fantastic meeting.

With a massive £15,000 in Prize money I sure GP riders will be reading this post right here and be thinking of giving Sean a ring.

With several very good corporate hospitality suites Sheffield Speedway has it is a great place for companies and individuals to show there appreciation to Sean. There are loads of different levels of sponsorship packages available.

Good meeting for Chris Neath to win!!!!!!

OK, if he's not invited then Brent Werner will "do an Exeter"

:D:D

i wonder if sean wilson could tempt back for 1 night only, not necasarily to ride, shawn moran and roman matousek, another 2 owlerton legends who would boost his benefit meeting even more B)

shawn moran

What a great "little" rider ............... does he still race in the US?

Sean won't win the meeting if he gets GP riders, EL riders, it would be nice obviously but if he is getting top riders in I don't think he will.