British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Sean’s Cracker.... Sunday 19th March

im looking forward to this, one question i've never known, even though sheffield is my home track.

why is the back straight not open all the time, all i heard ages ago was due to health and safety reasons, yet on rare occasions, like this night, and the world cup( which i coundn't attend), they open the back straight at great expense (according to the club), so why is this ?

aparently its coz after the 1989 hillsborough disaster, they could catch fire i got told :rolleyes: , hmmm all these years on!

aparently its coz after the 1989 hillsborough disaster, they could catch fire i got told :rolleyes: , hmmm all these years on!

if its due to a fire hazard they wouldnt be allowed to open any time, im guessing it maybe due to not having any exits and entrances, so after the bradford disaster, they clamped down on stands being open without correct addequate exits (just guessing here).

so do they provide extra entrances and exits for the back straight when its open, could this be the extra expense the club talk about ?

I think if there was a fire the closest exit would be the gate at the side (near the training track enterance) that is were the ambulance gets in and out. The only other way i can think of is going all the way back round to the front of the stadium.

The back straight was upgraded to meet the H&S requirements when the world cup was on.

It has not been open since (or maybe once for a PLRC?) because it has not been needed.

I would imagine extra staff / stewards have to be employed for the back straight to be open.

or round the back of the bar (sportsman tavern) and into the riders' car park-think you can still get round there.

Does anybody want to try and predict a winner, cause I cannot, I keep hedging between Simon Stead and Jason Crump.

After watching both last night there's only one winner.I know Steady back on old ground but just didn't have the speed of Crump last night.

Will be a fantastic night tho,looking forward to it and have even for the first time in my life has done some sponsorship .

having looked at the line-up,this has to be one of the best if not THE best line up for a testimonial,let's hope the weather is good and that us the supporters turn out in our droves!

Good luck to Sean and here's hoping that it is the success he firmly deserves.

Admission prices are as follows everyone

Adults £15

OAP £8

Child £6

Seems extremely good especially for under 16s for the quality of meeting we have here. :D

Just noticed on Sean's Website that you have to access the back stright via the Livesey Street turnstiles directly opposite the new Hillsborough College.

This I believe is down to Health and safety reasons that you cant walk round inside the stadium any more

Having read the Billy Hamill visa situation on the BSPA website, this surely means that he will not be at the Cracker. Gutted for Sean if this is the case because that will be the second hogh profile rider that has let him down. No disrepect to Ben Wilson or Kyle Legault but I hope they replace him with another rider capable of winning it rather than a reserve.

having looked at the line-up,this has to be one of the best if not THE best line up for a testimonial,let's hope the weather is good and that us the supporters turn out in our droves!

Good luck to Sean and here's hoping that it is the success he firmly deserves.

It don't look to good to me from looking at Metcheck. :(

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today....pcode=Sheffield :(