British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Sean’s Cracker.... Sunday 19th March

It looks ok, just keep your figures crossed.

hope the weather is good.i will be doing track work in newcastle when this is on

I'm hoping to get to this one so if it's not on I will be dissappointed to say the least but I guess you can't help the weather anyway!

re;the weather...todays practice day cancelled.hope things look up!

Does anybody want to try and predict a winner, cause I cannot, I keep hedging between  Simon Stead and Jason Crump.

andre compton

GET THERE EARLY!!!

Address: Owlerton Stadium, Penistone Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire. S6 2DE.

Telephone: 0114-285-3142.

Fax: 0114-285-3127

Hotline: 09066-555923 (All calls charged at 60p/minute)

Directions

From the North

Leave motorway at J36 (signposted Sheffield North) and at roundabout take 3rd exit A61. Follow signs for Grenoside and then Hillsborough. You will pass Sheffield Wednesday Football Club (on right) and the stadium is ½ mile further on the left.

From the South

Leave motorway at J33 ( signposted A630 Sheffield). At Park Square roundabout take exit A61(N). Stay on A61 following signs towards Hillsborough. McDonalds and B&Q (on left) the stadium is next right turn

Virtual Tour of the stadium.

http://www.owlertonstadium.co.uk/asp/tour.asp?id=1

AA Travel Planner

http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/planner_main.jsp

RAC Travel Planner

http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/planner_main.jsp

Parking.

There is a large car park at the front of stadium but you will need to arrive early to park in there.

UNOFFICAL! - Other parking areas.

Across the road from the stadium there is a B&Q car park and just a little further along there is a big Morrisons supermarket car park but please check if you ok to park there!

Back down the main road from the stadium there might be some places near the Hyundai garage (Rawson Street) but it is a good walk from there.

There is street parking around and about but I suggest you have a look on Google Earth yourself before you set off.

the weather looks dodgy, and if it got called off, i think it wouldnt be as good a line up! :cry:

Glass half empty then Matousek! :(

It's only Wednesday :blink: and your talking about the weather :unsure:

Taken from the Positive Mental Attitude (PMA) site, the weathers gonna be just............................................................................

FINE, B)B)B)

Billy Hamill has had to pull out of the CRACKER because of visa problems.

His replacement will be Wolverhampton’s rising star, Magnus Karlsson :)

Admission prices are as follows everyone

Adults £15

OAP £8

Child £6

Don't suppose anyone knows if there will be a student rate?

I would think students will get OAP rate as long as they have a valid student card. Its a bit unfair if they don't to be honest, coz it's like that at most tracks I know of.

(I can say that as Im a student myself!!! :D)

Edit: and the weather doesn't look too bad later in the day, chins up people!!! :D

Edited by bananas

Just noticed on Sean's Website that you have to access the back stright via the Livesey Street turnstiles directly opposite the new Hillsborough College.

This I believe is down to Health and safety reasons that you cant walk round inside the stadium any more

Being a first timer (but could become a regular if racing is good!) to Sheffield can someone let me know the best place to stand?

This is especially true for Sunday if you cannot walk round the whole stadium. I do like to view from the back straight but not sure if I want to restrict myself to just that area. Also has it any cover if the rain comes?

All help gratefully received!

MartynP

If I'm not mistaken the cafe part is on the home straight and so if you can't walk around the stadium will there be some refreshment area on or near the back straight?

Never been when the back straight is open so wouldn't know!