British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Sean’s Cracker.... Sunday 19th March

This might have been asked already, but what time do the turnstiles open?

This might have been asked already, but what time do the turnstiles open?

But I dont suppose this question has:

Anyone selling flippers, snorkels or wellington boots and brolly's on the day!!! :(

But I dont suppose this question has:

Anyone selling flippers, snorkels or wellington boots and brolly's on the day!!!  :(

Are you going scuba diving in the Sheaf? :blink:

Looking at the weather forecast it does not seem to be too bad, not much in the way of rain, but very cold.

Can we stop all this rain talk please?

In the early 70's,when I was a mere boy,I finally got to see racing at Owlerton at the FIFTH attempt!

Two were called off before we started our journey.One was called off after a few heats.

The other two were called off while waiting on the coach in the car park!Indeed one of those,we had arrived in bright sunshine,only for a thunderstorm to flood the car park.Ruined our game of cricket too!

I blame the rain for one more expensive hobby....following the fortunes(I think that should read MISfortunes) of Sheffield Wednesday! As its almost opposite Owlerton,we had to kill a couple of hours,for a driver stop.We wandered over to Hillsborough,and were made very welcome by the staff there.They gave us a guided tour of the place,and Ive been a fan ever since!

I will look out for you this time F4E(sorry about Brighton),as I have a car full coming up.Joining me will be none other than BSF regulars RABBIT and JULESM,along with friend Chris.

I simply hope that the weather wont spoil Seans Big Day.He deserves a good 'un.

Wel said BobC

Phil - If you'd rather the weather wasn't mentioned let me know, and I won't mention it again. There'll be no hard feelings or recriminations.

:)

Can we stop all this rain talk please?

I blame the rain for one more expensive hobby....following the fortunes(I think that should read MISfortunes) of Sheffield Wednesday! As its almost opposite Owlerton,we had to kill a couple of hours,for a driver stop.We wandered over to Hillsborough,and were made very welcome by the staff there.They gave us a guided tour of the place,and Ive been a fan ever since!

top geezer!! i will be going to hiilsborough tommorrow and i always stop off at the training track first,so i will update everyone on the state of the (main) track.up the owls,down with rain.

Yes if everybody can provide as many weather updates as possible that would be great. I am leaving every early Sunday morning as I have already booked my hotel so if anybody was able to provide a weather report by 8am ish on Sunday morn that would be great (know thats a bit early!) Do we know if there is a restaging date planned?

10/03/06

Hi everyone.

Busy, busy, busy.  There’s only a short time to go to the CRACKER proudly sponsored by C&D Express Transport and A&E Transport.

The first prize superbike, the Suzuki GSX-R 600 has arrived and is ready for the winner.  Everyone is really fired up to win this beautiful machine – even me!

I’ve been down to Owlerton today, and the track is in perfect shape because there were no stock car events during the winter, which has left the track base solid, and has helped the rain water drain off.  Standing there on the track today got me really buzzing and I can’t wait for Sunday.

I stood on the back straight today for the first time since the England vs USA test match in 1986 and it is still THE place to watch from.

It really is going to be a CRACKER on Sunday, I can’t wait.

See you there

Sean

http://www.seanwilsonracing.co.uk/news.html

Sean is absolutely right - the back straight is THE only place to watch the racing from.

All being well we will be stood on our old stamping ground 3 pm sunday afternoon.

Sean is absolutely right - the back straight is THE only place to watch the racing from.

All being well we will be stood on our old stamping ground 3 pm sunday afternoon.

yes, i think im going to stand there too, as i've never had the chance to watch from there, well, we used to stand there when i was a kid with my mum and dad, but i can't really remember much