British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Sean’s Cracker.... Sunday 19th March

Far too many threads, including this one, go on about a bit of dodgy weather.

If you're going, go. If it's off, get over it.

It's annoying when you read people saying, hmm sounds like it's gonna rain - maybe I'll just follow it on live updates instead.

Great, does the sport a lot of good that does.

Rant over.

B)

It's annoying when you read people saying, hmm sounds like it's gonna rain - maybe I'll just follow it on live updates instead.

Rant over.

B)

Oh do shut up Turner -I hate people that come on and RANT!!!! :o:unsure:

See you Sunday old friend, Ive missed you over the winter! xxxx :D:P

Please don't talk rubbish, Steve. I love my speedway but it doesn't mean I want to drive all the way to Sheffield to find it rained off and my money wasted when I have little enough to spare as it is. Weather updates from Sheffield people are much appreciated, thank you.

Rant over.

B)

Well said Steve T :)

While we appreciate what you are trying to do with weather updates and how it might turn out we don’t want people to be deterred from coming. There is a big difference between one persons rain and a little drizzle, mention of rain to one person won’t worry them but to another they may not come even though the meeting is defiantly on with sun coming out to shine.

It is a cracking line up but lets not forget this meeting is all about celebrating the past 20 years of Sean's speedway career and helping him setup for the future.

He has risked his life and limb to entertain us over those years and twice has been very seriously injured and told he may never ride again but he has shown his true British grit and bulldog sprit to come back from those horrific injuries to entertain.

Sean has been instrumental in developing the youngsters at Sheffield Speedway and getting the best out of them. Sean is often seen at presentation evenings for the Junior grasstrack in Yorkshire and helping and encouraging the youth of today who are the future of British Speedway.

Get yourself there and enjoy! :)

Well it's alright for you Phil, you don't have as far to go for a rain-off as a lot of people coming up. I appreciate the weather updates and see no reason why it should be stopped. What else are we going to talk about on this thread? Who's going to win? Then we would just get told to stop speculating. :rolleyes:

Rant Over.

Well it's alright for you Phil, you don't have as far to go for a rain-off as a lot of people coming up.

I'd agree with that. It's not so much just the rain this time - if it's snow then that's got even more implications for travel up and back, let alone the meeting! I'm not driving (BobC has that pleasure) but knowing what's happening weatherwise up there means at least we know what we're letting ourselves in for. So, please, for those of us coming from the other end of the country - keep those updates coming. :)

Guest PanthersChamp06

Well I'm half way up to you from Poole as in Peterborough and we have had glorious sunshine today let's just hope it continues up North. Safe trip tomorrow and We'll see you there.

Yep agreed.

Dont think I have heard Phil complain about weather updates on the hundreds of meeting threads in the past.

I understand your involvement Phil and maybe you feel talk of weather will have an affect on numbers (which I doubt). But at the end of the day we will all make our own decisions about whether to travel or not using information gathered from our Forum friends as well as the weather sites.

Also every weather report is bringing this topic back up to the top so maybe you should be pleased we are talking about it!! :D

well im about 6 miles away from owlerton, and so far we've had a dry day,

some sun this morning until lunch time, and now all we have is a little light sleety drizzle

Guest PanthersChamp06

Cheers for that keep them coming weather report's that is

BBC radar shows that snow is probably going to hit between 9 and 12 tomorrow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather/rain.shtml

I'm definatly planning on coming but even if the snow doesn't hit Owlerton I'd guess getting acorss the Pennines is going to be tricky so will have to leave earlier.

Edited by Rob B

been to the stadium today (on my way to hillsborough).the track is in good condition,a bit heavy but with no standing water.it looked perfectly raceable to me (what do i know?)as it stands.they were working on the track and safety fence.saw antonio lindback arrive (ben wilson opened up to let him in the riders car park!).then saw them coming out of pizza hut on my way home from the match.only had a couple of snow flurrys today and the gritters have been out so it looks like a cold,clear night....fingers crossed.see you all tomorrow!!