British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil

Sean’s Cracker.... Sunday 19th March

Got back about half an hour ago - from a nice scenic tour of Hampshire, Berkshire and Oxfordshire. ;) A big, big thank you to both Krissie for the text and then F4E for the phone call - it was much appreciated. :) The only bit of Oxford I know is Cowley so they're one and the same to me - if you get there, you're in Oxford! Between the 4 of us in the car it sounded like a call centre with all the calls and texts coming in and going out. What did we ever do in the days before the internet and mobiles? :rolleyes:

As for you Orion...just you wait matey! Think that makes us 1-1. ;):P

Thanks to one and all for texts and phone calls.

Like Rabbit said,it was manic in the car for a few moments with texts and calls in all directions.

Whatever Ian Thomas may think about this forum,it works for the people who want it....US THE SUPPORTERS.

Once again,thanks for everyones help in saving our time and money.

See you all again next week!!!

Between the 4 of us in the car it sounded like a call centre with all the calls and texts coming in and going out. What did we ever do in the days before the internet and mobiles?  :rolleyes:

stop at ever service station or telephone box seen and ring the hotline. Thinking back, it would have been cheaper to just drive all the way there and find out it's off than ring the hotline!

Damn :angry: I am away next Sunday, but I'm not changing my plans now. Knowing my luck I would drive back and it would be rained off again.

erm its stopped snowing :)

do you reckon if we hurry up we'd be able to get a meeting on............lol ;)

joking!...but not about it stopping snowing...lol

Thanks to Krissie for ringing me when I was at Chesterfield to tell me it was off. Oh well, see you all next week. :(

News:

12/03/06

Bloody weather!

I’ve been at the stadium since 10:00 this morning, and I can’t quite believe how everything changed so quickly.  Heavy snow has ruined everything, and I didn’t want to put on a sub-standard show on a difficult track. I’m absolutely gutted that we couldn’t go ahead today but with the weather forecast saying that the snow would continue, I wasn’t going to put the rider’s safety at risk.

The good news is that I’ve already arranged the re-staging date – Sunday March 19 at 5:00 pm.  So next Sunday, same time, same place. 

Jason Crump, Scott Nicholls, Steve Johnston, Joe Screen, Lewis Bridger, Gary Havelock, Dave Norris, Andre Compton, Simon Stead, Nicki Pedersen and Magnus Karlsson have all been confirmed for next Sunday, the only rider who is unable to ride from the field is James Wright who will be riding for his club.  I’ll be on the telephone to Billy Hamill on Monday to see if he’ll be available to ride because I know how gutted he was to be unable to be there today.  You never know – something good comes out of something bad.

I’d really like to apologise to all the fans who were travelling from far and wide today to be at my 20 year celebration meeting, but we’re not going to give up, and next Sunday everything will be the same – the back straight will be open, the DVD will still be there and the line up will still be as strong, if not stronger.

I’m a little bit bewildered at the moment, but I’ll battle through and will have the rest of the field by tomorrow night.

Must go now, got a lot to do!

Sean

http://www.seanwilsonracing.co.uk/news.html

Well I had a business trip up t Nottingham today and driving up the M5 I was wondering where all this snow was. Arriving at Nottingham at 1 pm I ythought I would get the business out of the way and pop up to Sheffield for the meeting. The roads were dry, I hadn't seen a single snow flake and had my wooly hat with me as it was so cold.

However just before leaving nottingham I phoned a mate who told me the meeting was off. To say I was suprised was an understatement. However lookig at those pics taken it seems the band of snow was just up the road. Glad I didn't go up there withought checking.

Obviously I can't go next week as I am not in the area, though I hope the crowds come along to support this meeting.

Well I had a business trip up t Nottingham today and driving up the M5

Thats a big detour Shovvy!! :D

And I'm sorry Sean but I'm glad it was off - cos I will be able to go next week :)

Edited by Chivs

And I'm sorry Sean but I'm glad it was off - cos I will be able to go next week  :)

Yay :D

Thats a big detour Shovvy!! :D

Not sure what you mean, big detour? :blink:

Sheffield is only about 45 mins further on from Nottngham, and as I didn't go up there I didn't make any detour! :wink:

has anybody checked seans website with the new lineup, its even stronger now.

B)