British Speedway Forum

According to Balashkovo website @

http://www.irgiz.narod.ru/2005nov03.html

Or as online translator says:

The Grand prix of Latvia which so waits all спидвейный Daugavpils, in the future to year can become a reality. In the preliminary schedule of stages for 2006, declared the owner of the rights to the organization of a series of Grand prix - firm BSI, Latvia allocates date on September, 9th. At present the probability of arrival to Daugavpils world спидвейной elites is estimated in 90 %. Negotiations with organizers of the world championship at participation of vice-president FIM of Nina Birjukovoj on which possible details while are fulfilled all

Latvia allocates date on September, 9th

That date has already been alocated to Poland although the venue is still to be officially announced. The only date on the FIM calendar which coud be available to Latvia is September 23rd (unless I've missed something).

I understand that the Bydgoszcz GP will be the finale for the season in 2006, with a date of 9 or 23 September, depending on Latvia. If Latvia goes ahead, Bydgoszcz will be 23 September.

I stand corrected then Subedei, but was working on the official press releases from BSI to date.

I stand corrected then Subedei, but was working on the official press releases from BSI to date.

I wouldn't stand just yet young fellow. You're going off BSI and I'm going off what Mateusz said in another thread (see below).

Bydgoszcz GP is to be the final one in the 2006 cycle  On 9th or 23rd September - it depends if they manage to make GP in Daugavpils on 9th.

I guess we've have to sit back and wait then, but I see Iris has posted on another thread the draw for the Under 21 SWC, so can we assume there has been some sort of FIM meeting today?

Maybe more news will emerge soon?

According to speedwaystar.net, this is now 100 %, and total number of rounds is 10.

wonder where everyone is gonna stay??? buses from riga?

Have just this moment spoken to Jimbo is in Latvia doing a rekky for next season.

The track is some 3 hours from Riga by car, and if that's based on Mr Easter's driving then it's probably 4 hours for anyone else!!! :):)

Jimbo tells me that deals have been done and accomodation booked. So if you're looking for a hassle free trip to Latvia, give Jimbo a ring at Travel Plus on 01473 730000.

This is great News for Speedway, a new country and hopefully it will produce lots of intresent in Latvia.

Mikael