British Speedway Forum

looks a good meeting but why no jack butler

Jack was originally in a team called the RAMS but the number of teams had to be reduced.

Quote: Oaks

Due to the cancellation of the workington match due to withdrawl of riders it has been decided to reduce the number of teams to 5.This will provide a pool of stand by riders to fill gaps left by withdrawls.

Thus the Rams were disbanded.The buffalo and Cobras have had the same teams since the ammendment. Adam Wrathall is injured so Matt Bates will be the obvious choice to take on Joe Reynolds.This makes the teams as even as possible.

With regard to the running of this at Brighton, The SCB stated that the Under 15's/Academy meets must be run in front of the public and preferably alongside another meeting.Costs woud escelate to run this meet on its own due to the track hire/medical. This is why Newport Acad fixtutre was cancelled when the Southern Track Riders were there as they do not run under the SCB.

Credit to Oaks for making it happen.It will be a great experience for the riders to ride at Brighton as was Cardiff.

Phil

Edited by morganbike

Guest Steve Dixon

With regard to the running of this at Brighton, The SCB stated that the Under 15's/Academy meets must be run in front of the public and preferably alongside another meeting.Costs woud escelate to run this meet on its own due to the track hire/medical. This is why Newport Acad fixtutre was cancelled when the Southern Track Riders were there as they do not run under the SCB.

Credit to Oaks for making it happen.It will be a great experience for the riders to ride at Brighton as was Cardiff.

Phil

Bit of a difference betwen Cardiff and Brighton!

As for running in front of a crowd, with publicity it could have been run at either Newport or Scunny, both have all winter training schools and im sure would attract a crowd, specially when there is no regular speedway.

Couldnt this meeting of been run after the meeting being held at Newport next Sunday or before?

I think it has to be run in conjunction with a BSPA regulated meeting. Next chance at Newport would have been the Classic but I guess that would then be 2006.

I think it has to be run in conjunction with a BSPA regulated meeting. Next chance at Newport would have been the Classic but I guess that would then be 2006.

Yes you are correct on that Vince So it will have to go to Newport if its rained off at Brighton :D:D:D

As with last years Newport Classic, Tim said there are not enough daylight hours to run Two meets and thus only had the four riders doing second halves.

Yes it could be run on a training Sunday but surely the riders paying £35 for the day would loose 2 hours track time whilst the acad match is run ?.Would they bother to turn up for shortened training sesion. ?.

Im not to sure if a promoter can charge the public an entry fee to watch a training session or Acad league/under 15's on its own,so how do you police the admission ?.

Tim would have started the meeting early if need be but as I say that would take it into the new season which wouldn't be very satisfactory. Brighton might not be the ideal as it is a bit of a novelty track but it does put the lads in front of a good size audience and get the meetings completed. At the end of the day it is a good compromise solution.

Couldn't run at a training day as they wanted it run alongside a SCB / BSPA authorised meeting, that's why it didn't run at Newport with the STRA.

No problems with charging admission to a training day but you aren't allowed to charge for the U15 meetings.

One of Georges sponsors the Black Horse have just sponsored George with a new Helmet for the Brighton meetings

Many thanks to Steve North of the Black Horse Sturminster Marshall :D

Steve Rach and George

Good luck to George at the brighton event.You guys should go over and talk to Chris Kerr after the meeting.I wish I was going tomorrow. :cry::blink::D

Good luck to George at the brighton event.You guys should go over and talk to Chris Kerr after the meeting.I wish I was going tomorrow. :cry:  :blink:  :D

What aren't you making a flying visit Gary??? :blink: I hope to be there but have car problems and looking for a lift if anyone has a spare seat going from the Wolverhampton area (contact me on : laurencerogers@ic24.net)

tried mostly everyone I could think of but no one going from round here by the look of it!!

Just going to set off and hope the car makes it !! So hopefully see you there!!

Good luck to George at the brighton event.You guys should go over and talk to Chris Kerr after the meeting.I wish I was going tomorrow. :cry:  :blink:  :D

Will do Gary looking forward to catching up. George wishes he was a little older to be able to join Lewis and the lads on tour with you guys

Main Man Good luck with your car catch up with you tomorrow

Updates from the Final with be available Here

Texter: Sue & Sue (Hehe)

Updater: Triple B's & SteveP

BUFFALO = 24

1. Lewis Bridger -3 -3 -3

2. Joe Reynolds -F -F -Fx

3. George Piper -1' -Fx -1

4. Brendan Johnson -2 -3 -3 -Ex

5. Ben Reade -R -2'

COBRAS = 22

1. Matt Bates (G) -1' -1'- 0

2. Joe Hanies (G) -2 -2 -2' -1'

3. Ben Hopwood -3 -3 -2 -2

4. Ben Hannon -EF -2 -R

5. Ben Thompson -1' -EF,

Heat Details

Heat 01: Bridger,Hanies,Bates(FRem),Reynolds(Fell) 3-3

Heat 02: (Re-Run) Hopwood,Johnson,Piper,Hannon(EF) 3-3 6-6

Heat 03: Bridger,Haines,Bates,Reynolds(Fell) 3-3 9-9

Heat 04: Johnson,Hannon,Thompson,Reade(Ret) 3-3 12-12

Heat 05: Hopwood,Hanies,Piper(FEx),Reynolds(FEx) 0-5 12-17

Heat 06: Johnson,Hopwood,Piper,Bates 4-2 16-19

Heat 07: Franklin,Reade,Hannon(RTD),Thompson(EF) 5-0 21-19

Heat 08: Bridger, Hopwood, Haines, Johnson(Ex)

Comments:

Note: The Academy League Grand Final will be held at the Brighton Indoor meeting with 1 heat being run after every 4 heat of the main meeting & then it'll be the same in this evenings meeting.

Heat 01: Bates Fell before the finish line, but remounted for the point.

Heat 02: Stopped. After Piper & Johnson came togther on 1st Corenr. All4Back in Re-Run

Heat 03: Reynolds Fell again, just before the finish line.

Heat 04: Reade Fell & Remounted, but he retired to the centre.

Heat 6: Johnson reserve replacement.

Heat 8: Johnson excluded spinning almost at finish line.

WELL DONE TO BUFFALOS

Ive no idea what Taylor is doing in the meeting

Ok gets more confusing some rider with surname Franklin is in the meeting as well now

I Guess he is replacing Bridger

Anyway as confusing as this has been, Well done to all the Youngsters for riding there socks off.

Now it gets worse, Heat 8 will take place after Heat 12, in the Main Meeting and the line up is

Lewis Bridger ( ) , Brendan Johnson V Joe Haines, Ben Hopwood

Edited by crazysue