British Speedway Forum
Conkers

Ice Racing Wc Qualifiers

I've heard the clubs make the decision which federation they ride for and the riders have to go with that.The one club that seems to have the best of both worlds at the moment is Saransk.Their riders have been in both competitions.Even though they rode in the NRMF Russian final they have been nominated by the MFR for the WC.Well the GP is being held there so they have to really.Still wonder if there will be trouble ahead and particularly at Saransk :unsure:

One thing I picked up is that this new fed that is driven forward by Slava Fetisov (ex- hockey star) is not sanctioned by FIM. I personally find it very difficult to believe that it would become sanctioned while the season is on...

Then again this is speedway...

Thats right,but it is sanctioned by the Russian sports council(minister) to hold all National motorsports events.So really they have theright to hold all Russian championships.Also heavily involved is ex-Ice speedway rider,Vitali Russkich,who was thrown out of the MFR because of financial irregularities.So we have one federation that is sactioned by the Russians and one by FIM :unsure:

Also,more to my theory that there will be trouble ahead,according to a report in a german motorsport magazine,both Krasnogorsk and Saransk have alligned themselves with the NRMF and so there is currently no venue for the Semi or the GP in Russia.Thought there might be something up as Saransk didn't send a team to the Russian Junior Championship at the weekends,though one was expected.This is not concrete of course.

Edited by iris123