British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Squirelnutkins

Walthamstow

Yeah all these noise issues about speedway really winds me up!

Can't see where one 2 hour speedway meeting a week 25 times a year during March to October is really a problem for anyone.

I live near a reasonably well attended football club. Yes in my garden I can hear the crowd, PA and see the floodlights, but it isn't a problem. Inside my house I can't hear anything!

Now I'm sure my nearest football club stages more football events than any speedwaay track would in a year. What with first team, reserve team, youth team, County cup finals, county games etc!

I think that Walthamstow could still be made into a good EL venue.

Walthamstow Hawks would be a good name what with the link with the nearby old Hackney outfit.

Does anyone know about the rumours about Walthamstow stadium being sold of for redevelopment!

Does anyone know about the rumours about Walthamstow stadium being sold of for redevelopment!

Towards end of last year I heard rumours that the Stadium had been sold for housing but in local paper several weeks back Mr Chandler (think that what his name was) one of the directors of the stadium, said he had heard the rumours and if they were true it had been sold without any of the directors knowing!

So probably being sold next week!! :D

My point entirely - too many clubs around them.  Apart from Arena and Rye House, there's no-one in the vicinity, and a substantial portion of London as a potential market.  It's a major shame that London proper can't support a speedway team.

Yeah Andy it would be great to see a couple of london teams back (nothing against Arena and Rye House) but Wimbledon might be back but another couple would be great. Seems strange when I get the history magazines and London had so many in the 40's-50's compared to now.