British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Trees

Teamgb V Sweden Test Match

Because you fancy 1 of the riders ? :rolleyes:

Why not look at his a**e and support team gb at the same time ? problem solved :rolleyes:

GRRRRRRR

Nothing personally aimed at superguest but this really annoys me !

How much would you be annoyed if you were riding for YOUR country and fellow country members were supporting other teams?

I might not be that fond of some of the riders we have had in world cups over the years but I have supported every single one as they have been out riding for OUR country.

I am of the opinion that everyone should do the same. We live in this country and brought up loving speedway at BRITISH speedway tracks, without these you wouldn't even see the foreign riders ride. :rolleyes:

Its not that I dont want to support GB but I cant NOT support Peter + Magnus Karlsson, i just cant do it :unsure:

Of course you can, would they cheer for you racing for TeamGB against a Swedish team if they were fans???

Its not that I dont want to support GB but I cant NOT support Peter + Magnus Karlsson, i just cant do it  :unsure:

Normal anti brit wolves fan :rolleyes:

This arguement comes up every year and my answer is always the same.......for some people it's country first, club second and for others it's club first country second. I fall firmly into the latter category!

If I can't abide certain riders most of the year, why the hell should I cheer for them once or twice a year? Let's look at the evidence.........

Richardson - Can't stand the bloke - gating tart with a nasty streak if he puts his mind to it

Screen - I don't mind Joe but I was once told something about him from a very reliable source that left me with little respect for the guy!

Norris - He's grown on me over the years but too many fights over the years still makes him a mmeber of my least favourite list!

Loram - Exception to the rule - I've got a lot of time for Mark - even though he was pitiful at times when he rode for the Wolves.

Nicholls - Coventry Rider - nuff said!

Harris - See Nicholls!

Stead - I used to really like Simon but fell he left us in the lurch a bit last year when we'd done our bit to keep his average low in 2004 - and he decided to opt for BV!

Jonsson - Coventry Rider (see Nicholls/Harris) - also a bit of a winger!

Lindgren - Wolves future number 1 - end of story!

Lindback - I get a bit peed off with the amount of publicity he gets when Freddie is as good and younger! Still exciting to watch though!

P Karlsson - Wolves CURRENT number one and all time hero only surpassed by Sam IMHO!

Rickardsson - the greatest rider ever - and a long time favourite of mine!

Alden - Totally ambivilent as I've not seen him ride that much!

M Karlsson - Third in the dynasty and Wolves through and through.....

So there we are! Out of the GB side, I would only really cheer for Loram whilst for Sweden there are 4 (and a half fo Lindback) riders I'd cheer for - three of whom are from MY club!

Without resorting to the usual jingoistic drivel, can anyone convince me otherwise?!!!! :blink:

Normal anti brit wolves fan  :rolleyes:

and of course we could never accuse of of bigging up britians biggest flop richardson tho :rolleyes:

You mean the guy who got gb in the world cup final by scoreing a max in the semi final ?

Or do you mean the guy who was the highest placed brit in a gp last year ?

Lupus - can you not overcome your differences with team GB seeing as they are out riding for our country? Joe may have done something bad but I am sure you can say the same from someone from the Sweden team you just don't know about. I don't really like some of the people who have turned out for team GB over the years but I always support them in a Team GB racejacket (Dean Barker for Example). There are riders I like more than the British ones and I could easily have supported Denmark at the last world cup if I wasn't rather proud to be British :approve:

SteveBrum - Biggest Flop? The guy is in the grand prix and made 1 more final than superstar Nicholls. scored a 15 point max for us in the world cup this year aswell as saving us from total embaresment in the final.

Rico is not a gating tart, I have seen him pass plenty of people, gating is just 1 of his strong points. Jason Crump is a good gater, as is Tony Rickardsson, doesn't make them gating tarts. Richardson can make moves on riders as well as anyone but if he's made the gate, he don't need to does he?

So I'm supposed to forget what a complete ******** I think someone is just because they've got a union flag on their racejacket, whilst ignoring guys I support wholeheartedly every other week who happen to be wearing a blue and yellow cross on their racejacket? nope sorry I just don't GET it!!!! :unsure:

:blink: What does that have to do with anything? You've said yourself that you don't like Dean Barker - is that because you haven't been invited to dinner or because of something he's done as a rider?

FYI I know Peter Karlsson and Freddie Lindgren quite well - and they are great guys who are worthy of my support. I've also always found Mark Loram to be a very fair and likeable guy. I STILL don't get the point! :P

And how many do you know well enough to make a fair judgement on?

As a supporter, you do not have to justify why you like or dislike a rider. You pay your money, you are entitled to an opinion.