British Speedway Forum
REAR WHEEL ROOST DUDE

2006 Australian U 21 Championship Updates

Awsome night of racing, one of the best nights racing i have seen anywhere

Pity Anth hadn't got his coverage over the net sorted, would have LOVED to have watched this meeting!!! Awwwwwww shame!

Thanks for the updates!!!

Doyle was very unlucky, does anyone know the rule as to when a race can be declared as Doyle was past the start for the last lap before the red came on and was in no danger of getting caught.From memory it happened in another race and was re run as well.

Cheers Darrell

That rule is a domestic UK rule i think,U21 most likely run under FIM rules which stipulate a re run.

Should be interesting when KL and the IOW lock horns.

Interesting indeedy Deks, you'll have to come down to witness the battles! Rather glad that Chris plumped for Isle of Wight rather than the EL.

wednesdays make it unlikely.

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Back home again. What a cracker of a meeting. Lots of great racing, perhaps running agaisnt the cars at Speedway City caused numbers to be a bit down but those who went were treated to some great entertainment and some classy bike riding by the likes of Holder and Batchelor and co. Holder was a class act and apart from forgetting about Jason Doyle in the first running of the final he didn't put a wheel wrong all night. He was also humble in victory acknowledging that he was rather fortunate to get a second chance at the final. My opinion is he would not have caught Doyle in the original outing if it had gone the full 4 laps. I can't see Cam being on Jason's Christmas card list next year !!

One small correction to the report, Corey Gathercole fell on turn 1 on lap 4 of the heat he was excluded from, not turn 3 on lap 4. Somewhere between it happening and it getting on the net turn 1 transformed itself into turn 3 so apologies for that. Either way a few amateur experts in the crowd thought the heat should have been awarded.

Also spotted in the pits was Rory Schlein obviously fresh from a very recent visit to the barbers. I won't spill the beans but I think it's fair to say his mother has gone back to the UK already !!

do anyone no where i can find any picture for this meet and the qualifying please