British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Andy Smith Testimonial

Date for your diary Andy Smiths Testimonial will be held at Belle Vue on September 17th.

This is a bit weird, a Coventry asset who is riding for Reading holding his testimonial at Belle Vue :D I can see why he is holding it at Belle Vue, I thikn most people think of Andy as a Belle Vue rider more than any other teams.

He might be a Coventry asset, but Belle Vue is and always has been his spiritual home, going right back to 1982. Bit of an odd time for him to have a testamonial (24 years service!), but it's well deserved. Best of luck to Smudger - a true servant to the sport, salt of the earth and the sort of rider who keeps speedway alive. Hope he gets all the top riders supporting him. :approve:

This is a bit weird, a Coventry asset who is riding for Reading

He's a Belle Vue asset isn't he?

Didn't Tony Mole buy him at the end of the season.

And isn't it to mark his 25th season of racing rather than a testimonial for 10 years at a particular club?

Edited by John Leslie

Andy Smith is a true speedway rider and deserves all the plaudits coming to him with this testimonial

And isn't it to mark his 25th season of racing rather than a testimonial for 10 years at a particular club?

No. He has been due a testimonial for about 2 season no, for 10 season service to Coventry!!! He did not get his testimonial 2 seasons ago as he had no club at the start of the season and I'm not sure why he did not have a testimonial last season.

Next year is his 25th season, apparently.

This is a bit weird, a Coventry asset who is riding for Reading holding his testimonial at Belle Vue

No he is a Belle Vue asset, Tony Mole bought him last year.

Good for Andy :)

I will certainly be there.

As I recall Andy has had a bit of bad luck with testimonials - I think he's managed to change clubs just at the wrong time.

Yeah, good luck Smudger, glad to see that all that you have put in to speedway has finally reaped some reward, riding for the RACERS !!

Seriously, he`s a top bloke, who has put in so much to his speedway. Hope he has a great , prosperous day.

I usually avoid such meetings like the plague, but Andy Smith deserves my money for 25 years' service to the sport which, at times, has done everything it can to keep him on the sidelines.

Andy deserves it. On the other hand I find it pathetic giving testimonials to riders that have served one promotion for 10 years. One example was Joe Screen's at Belle Vue a couple of years back, despite him having spent most of his time elsewhere.

Good luck Smithy!

I usually avoid such meetings like the plague, but Andy Smith deserves my money for 25 years' service to the sport which, at times, has done everything it can to keep him on the sidelines.

It's a 10 year service to Coventry testimonial! His 25 year benefit meeting will be next season!

Guest cheetahhawk

All things being well I will be there to support Andy as I have always admired his gutsy riding and his attitude to speedway. Pity there aren't a few more English rideres with his attitude and stamina.

Well said, CH. Smudger is the sort of rider we need far, far more of. :approve: