British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alun Chapple

2006 World Championship

I know it's a while until the gp's start but I was just wondering who you think will win the series

Lee Richardson

*hides*

*runs away*

_jezyk.gif_haha.gif

Keep taking the pills Ewa :P

For what it's worth, my predicted top 8 is

1) Tony Rickardsson - will cement his deserved place in the history books

2) Nicki Pedersen - I expect the bad lad to score well this year

3) Jason Crump - will soon realise he can't compete with tRick again this year

4) Leigh Adams - another consistent year

5) Jaroslaw Hampel - big breakthrough year for Jarek and hopefully he will win a GP

6) Tomasz Gollob - still got some big scores in him

7) Scott Nicholls - finally Nicholls will make a few Finals

8) Andreas Jonsson - it's another tough year in the GPs but I expect AJ to hold his own.

Hancock and Bjarne P to fall out of the top 8.

Rico :rolleyes:

Still think it's wrong that Hans Andersen is not in there.  :rolleyes:

Have we had an explanation from BSI for this piece of jigary pokey (sorry if not spelt right). As I've said before on the Hans Andersen thread, by reinviting Lee Richardson everybody that finished in front of him should also be included. I've nothing against Lee R. My beef is with the decision of BSI.

Edited by barrow boy

I'd be happy if Nicki or Scott won the title, don't care for anyone else.

But it's most likely a two-horse race, and on that basis I hope and expect to see Jason Crump become 2006 World Champion.

I definitely don't want to see the title wasted on a rider who's retiring, which is how I see it. On that point, don't forget it's essentially a Top 9 place that the middle order rider's will be looking for.

As for the Hans Andersen 'exclusion'...I don't question Lee Richardson's place, far more Niels-Kristian Iversen's - that's a joker if ever I saw one.

:neutral:

i think it will be close between trick and crump to win it but i think i wil go for trick because of wot he has done in the grand prix's in the last few years. for the rest of the top 8 i think hampel wil feature possibly in the top 5 and i hope one of the brits squeeze in to the top 8 :)

If trick really is saving himself for the grand prix series then i cant see anybody stopping him fom setting a new record. I think hampel and jonsson will both have good seasons (barring injury) but i do think greg is a dark horse and still has a few surprises left in him.

i cant really see nicki managing anything special again, same with adams.

I would love for someone fresh to have a good crack at the big guns though, anyone want to take a bet on zagar reaching at least 2 finals? :approve:

Jason Crump has a great start in both leagues [bEL, PEL] - since Sunday he had lost only one heat......We`ll how is it going to be in SGP series......will see he keep his high form??

Edited by Lawrence

Would love to see Nicki P win it again, so I will go for

1. Nicki P

2. T Rickardsson

3. J Crump

4. L Adams

Would love to see Trick win again, the guy is class. Jason Crump has started the season like a train and will be breathing down Tonys neck all year.

Cannot really see anyone else challenging Rickardsson and Crump this year but hopefully Lee Richardson and Scotty can pick up a few GP wins.

Would also like to see the qualifying opening up more in the future with maybe only the top four or six going forward to the next year.