British Speedway Forum

Lazyrider is the carb you are talking about just a standard jawa flat slide carb? We have got an engine on order from the first batch as well. We was planning to use a dellerto on it at first just to get going as we have one.

Garry

Thanks for the email Vince. Just have to find out where & when to get the test done!!!

Perhaps Jamie will be happy then.

Lazyrider is the carb you are talking about just a standard jawa flat slide carb? We have got an engine on order from the first batch as well. We was planning to use a dellerto on it at first just to get going as we have one.

Garry

you can use what carb u like but you can not do the 250 rounds unless u have a jawa flat slide in it.and all 250 engines what people have got now can not do the 250 rounds

you can use what carb u like but you can not do the 250 rounds unless u have a jawa flat slide in it.and all 250 engines what people have got now can not do the 250 rounds

To be honest if they state what carb and cam they are using we might consider it, but to be honest the way they have handled all this has not been good. All my lad wants to do is race a bike and learn and have fun. We have ordered a new 250 engine from belhams as they has brought the new age limits in.

I understand why they have done it and to a certain degree i agree with it, but if I buy this engine and it is not eligible to do the 250 rounds so be it. If that is the way things are going to be we will go our own route and let the lad enjoy his speedway rather than getting dragged into all the politics of what has gone on in the last few months, and to be honest i think i am not on my own with the way i feel.

Garry

:angry: About time the powers that be sorted this farce out!!!

I e-mailed SCB to ask where/when and how the 'tests' would be carried out, guess what, no reply!!! To me that is just plain ignorance, doesn't take two minutes just to reply and say thank-you for your interest.

now ive been told my son can ride a 500cc if he goes out on his own,now i have got his 500 engine sold :mad:

Don't worry granville you've got plenty of money :o

Yes actually saw the Rulebook last friday (Thanks Ray). It does state that 14 & 15yr olds can ride a 500cc but do need to be signed off as competant by two qualified training instructors to get thier licence!!! Now isn't that the same as last year????? :rolleyes::blink:

Still it does now mean Jamie is :D:D again !!!

Edited by sCATygirl!

Guest Christophers Dad
Yes actually saw the Rulebook last friday (Thanks Ray). It does state that 14 & 15yr olds can ride a 500cc but do need to be signed off as competant by two qualified training instructors to get thier licence!!! Now isn't that the same as last year????? :rolleyes:    :blink: 

Still it does now mean Jamie is    :D  :D  again !!!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Christophers' Dad behave yourself :P wake up and pay attention :lol:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Sorry you find my post boring but we can't all be complete know-it alls like you!!!!!

Must have been so damn wonderful for your Son when he first started out, to have someone in the family who knew everything there ever was to know about :- the bike, the rules, how to race, who to contact etc etc

Unfortunately I had only ever been a firm supporter of speedway and never dreamed that one day I would be involved on the other side of the fence.

Instead of being so condesending (sp) how about a little help for another youngster who just wants to get his foot on the first rung of the ladder. It's a good job there are some out there who do.

A very great big thank-you to those who offered thier help and guidence at Somerset last Friday, don't have to mention names but you have all been helpful and he is now a step closer to his dream.

Edited by sCATygirl!

Shad up and go do the Ironing!!!!!!

Phil

:P Already done mate :lol: And the hoovering, polishing. Cooked a full roast dinner, washed-up (yes I did cut my toenails so I could get closer too the sink). Washed and polished the cars, did some gardening as well as all those other menial tasks us females have to do!!!! :rolleyes:;)

Guest Christophers Dad
:P  Already done mate :lol:  And the hoovering, polishing. Cooked a full roast dinner, washed-up (yes I did cut my toenails so I could get closer too the sink). Washed and polished the cars, did some gardening as well as all those other menial tasks us females have to do!!!!

Good for you girl and as my Son is only 11 and held a SCB license for 4 years you should have asked to loan his rule book :D

Just got in from Mildenhall long day a few quick drinks and bed , believe me there are really tallented kids packing up because there parents cant throw money at the sport and we could be next :(

How old is your Boy Wonder :D