British Speedway Forum

It was a good day by all in our camp, although the wind at then end almost blew us back to the car park!!

We stayed for the auction afterwards and it was nice that so many Poles had made the journey over to celebrate with Ryan. They certainly bumped up the auction prices! :D

To show how much Ryan means to them, some friends of ours from Czesthocowa, flew from Poland at 6am, took a taxi from Luton to PB, stayed for the meeting and auction, and then had to leave the hotel at 3am the next morning to get the plane back home. How many of us would travel that far for one meeting??

I did find the announcer at the auction a bit patronising to the Poles, whether it was meant or not I didn't know, but these people are very passionate about their speedway and wanted to make it a very memorable night for Ryan.

It was also nice to see Geoff Sullivan there too (Ryan's dad), he had flown over from Oz for the meeting and he seemed very, very proud of his son on his big day.

Well done to all the team who put this meeting on, it was well thought out and apart from the weather I don't think it could have been much better.

Here's to another 10 years Sully! B)

Edited by Ruby Tuesday

The annoucher of the auction was only playing with the poles as they had tried to make him drinks pints of thier vodka ( 50% proof) all the previous night and at breakfast that morning !! we stayed up with the poles and swedish who came over in the hotel and must say what a great bunch and very funny !

Thats spot on by Pop up Pirate, it was definatly a sight to see, and

very funny watching them drink Vodka at breakfast... Hic hic,

And amasingly, they were all still walking, but they were all well

behaved and a real fun bunch.

RT, it's taken you nearly a week to post that. How far from Peterborough do you live?  :blink:

The t'interweb is very slow up north, that's my excuse! :D