British Speedway Forum
Main Man

Back With A Bang --shaun Tacey's Testimonial

With a new section for Testimonials --I reproduce a previous posting on Shaun Tacey's Testimonial "Back With A Bang" :

Shaun Tacey celebrates his testimonial at Mildenhall on Sunday September 10th with a 12 lapper Final individual meeting. Plus a party night at the Stadium on Saturday 9th.

Naturally more details will be released as time goes by --but it promises to be a night not to forget --so book it in your diaries .

Lyn Hunt is organising the main meeting backing and already 8 heat backers have been found -even before a date was announced for the meeting for one of the sport's real characters --and details of the packages available can be obtained from her on 07889025588.

Being a glutton for punishment , having done many testimonials over the years , I have offered my help to Tace and we are offering you, the fans , a chance to back the meeting from as little as £10 with a range of sponsorships available.

Last year I did a similar exercise for Shane Parker's meeting and the response was overwhelming --- and hopefully it will be the same for Tace this year

Here is a list of what you can back and am sure we have something for everyone in there --- so don't be shy --get your spot booked as it is all on a first come first served basis.

Naturally the rider sponsors and travel sponsors will start to go once the line-up is revealed --so more on that later.

One novel aspect will be the Great Goggle Giveaway --- each rider will be signing his Wulfsport goggles being used by every rider in the meeting and after their final ride will be throwing them out into the crowd for a lucky fan to take home as a souvenir !! The sponsor can elect to have a replica set themselves signed by their rider as well --see below :

TACE’s TESTIMONIAL PACKAGES :

1. Rider Sponsors :

A fan /company backs that rider for £200. Photo shoot with rider etc.

2. Fuel Sponsors

Each rider is backed for £10 for their fuel costs

3. Oil Sponsors

Each rider is backed for £10 for their oil costs

4. Insurance Sponsors

Each rider is backed for their race insurance costs at £25

5. Tyre Sponsors

Each rider is backed £30 for their tyre

6. Body Colour Sponsors

Each rider’s body colour is sponsored with the sponsor receiving a signed replica jacket with the one used auctioned off . Cost £ 50

7. Goggle Sponsors

For the great goggle give-away each rider is sponsored for the goggles they will throw into the crowd. £25 or £50 if they want a replica signed set.

8. Travel Sponsors

Cover the rider travel costs for the meeting £100.

9. Race Sponsors

Back a race in the meeting for £300.

Other Supplementary Sponsorships :

1 Most Entertaining Rider of meeting -- £50

2. Unluckiest Rider of meeting -- £50

3. Fastest time after heat 4 -- £50

4. Best turned out rider -- £50

5. Best turned out mechanic -- £25

6. " Zaniest" moment of meeting -- £50

7. Best after race wheelie -- £ 25

10. Best after race celebration -- £ 25

11. Best "Donuts" ----- £25.

The person donating the prize (if present at the meeting) chooses the winner of their sponsored bit . If not present at the meeting a small committee will decide the winner of each award.

All these sponsorships can be reserved by e-mail to : laurencerogers@ic24.net with cheques payable to : Shaun Tacey Testimonial.

ALSO GIRLS WHAT ABOUT BEING AN "UMBRELLA LADY" at the meeting --bids for places to Lyn Hunt.

More news over the next few months --until Tace's Big Day on Sunday September 10th at Mildenhall --got the date in your diary yet ???

Plus Party Night --including Gp on Big Screen -Sat Sept 9th.

Edited by Main Man

Damn - does that mean I have to attempt to remember what I posted last time so I can re-create that too MM?!

Seriously, I shall almost certainly be at this one - Tace is after all Ipswich trained! :D Wouldn't miss his big day for the world.

I'll also definately sort out some sponsorship - will await rider names with interest!

Damn - does that mean I have to attempt to remember what I posted last time so I can re-create that too MM?! 

Seriously, I shall almost certainly be at this one - Tace is after all Ipswich trained!  :D  Wouldn't miss his big day for the world.

I'll also definately sort out some sponsorship - will await rider names with interest!

No don't worry Robyn1972 -- I remember what you wrote !!

As for sponsorship etc --we will start to name some riders for the meeting soon --so you can get in quick with your offers of backing!! :wink:

Edited by Main Man

Seriously, I shall almost certainly be at this one - Tace is after all Ipswich trained!  :D  Wouldn't miss his big day for the world.

Hi Robyn i am part of Shauns testimonial committee and can confirm that at present we have Eddie Kennett and Stuart Robson confirmed for testimonial, also have Jimmy Jansson, who is the late Tommy Janssons nephew, coming in for it and another excellent young swedish rider who will only be seen this once in England in 2006, plus lots of others to be announced as time goes by. Not only does format promise to provide exciting meeting, but the line up and interval attraction will make this a day to remember. :wink:

thanks for posting the news teddybear --beat me to it !!

more news as riders confirmed.

Hi Main Man why not have something completely different and go for Umbrella BOYS I think this would be for the lady fans benefit I would volunteer but having been involved with Shaun (he rode for Coventry) while I did the track he knows my web name Fat Tractor Man is very apt .Hope you all have a great day cheers Mick. :D:D

Hi Main Man why not have something completely different and go for Umbrella BOYS I think this would be for the lady fans benefit I would volunteer but having been involved with Shaun (he rode for Coventry) while I did the track he knows my web name Fat Tractor Man is very apt .Hope you all have a great day cheers Mick. :D  :D

Hi why not get someone to bid for you to be an umbrella boy and we will get it sponsored if you do it in a grass skirt! We are only too happy for it to be boys or girls as long as they enter into the spirit of the day and do their bit on the start line.

Has anyone got any archive piccies of Shaun at Coventry etc. as we need to get our hands on some for programme posters and to produce a this is your life style album to embarass or surprise him! :lol:

2 more bits of news from shauns testimonial organisation:-

FIRSTLY Thanks to the colemans aka fat tractor man and family for taking the inside gate umbrella girl slot at the testimonial, will look forward to your donation to the testimonial. Yes Mick, Martin, Rob and Tacey's 98 coventry spanner man stroppy are going to dress up as umbrella girls! and will be on the inside gate for the testimonial , thongs optional! Thanks guys for your support, now have we any fans out there who will be willing to sponsor, thongs, wigs oufits etc. for them? or just be able to pledge sponsorship to them for having the nerve to do it. It can be 1 amount for the whole meeting, or so much per heat in full costume .

SECONDLY Shaun has sorted some personal items for the testimonial to be auctioned off on the net and at the testimonial

ITEM 1- Mildenhall race jacket from his days as mascot in 1989, it was originally signed by him then , however it was already an established mildenhall race jacket at this time ( so really is mildenhall memorabilia)

ITEM 2- Coventry race jacket 1994 season

ITEM 3- Race jacket from Hans nielsen farewell meeting, Coventry 1995 (very rare)

ITEM 4-Trelawny tigers race jacket from 2002

BIDS TO EITHER lynnhunt174@btinternet.com or through www.shauntacey.com or at Mildenhall stadium on 9th/10th september

2 more bits of news from shauns testimonial organisation:-

FIRSTLY Thanks to the colemans aka fat tractor man and family for taking the inside gate umbrella girl slot at the testimonial, will look forward to your donation to the testimonial. Yes Mick, Martin, Rob and Tacey's 98 coventry spanner man stroppy are going to dress up as umbrella girls! and will be on the inside gate for the testimonial , thongs optional! Thanks guys for your support, now have we any fans out there who will be willing to sponsor, thongs, wigs oufits etc. for them? or just be able to pledge sponsorship to them for having the nerve to do it. It can be 1 amount for the whole meeting, or so much per heat in full costume .

SECONDLY Shaun has sorted some personal items for the testimonial to be auctioned off on the net and at the testimonial

ITEM 1- Mildenhall race jacket from his days as mascot in 1989, it was originally signed by him then , however it was already an established mildenhall race jacket at this time ( so really is mildenhall memorabilia)

ITEM 2- Coventry race jacket 1994 season

ITEM 3- Race jacket from Hans nielsen farewell meeting, Coventry 1995 (very rare)

ITEM 4-Trelawny tigers race jacket from 2002

BIDS TO EITHER lynnhunt174@btinternet.com or through www.shauntacey.com or at Mildenhall stadium on 9th/10th september

Even though shaun is riding for poole, he is still a fen tigers asset, so the testimonial, will still take place at Mildenhall stadium as planned. for more details go to www.shauntacey.com

Get Ya Tickets

Early Ticket Booking Form has been released for Shaun's testimonial so get in now and book your tickets cheap.

Visit www.shauntacey.com to download the form and for more testimonial updates and information.

A few rider announcements for the testimonial, so far we have the following riders confirmed as taking part in the testimonial:- Eddie Kennett, Stuart Robson, Jason Lyons, Jason King, Danny King, James brundle, Tomas Topinka, kevin Doolan, Richard Hall, Paul Lee, Jimmy Jansson and another up and coming young swedish heatleader. So should provide some entertaining racing and don't forget the fastest lap competition on the day for £20 you can sponsor your favourite rider to try and complete the fastest lap of the day. Prize money to winning rider and winning sponsor.

On the day we will have several stalls for supporters to browse, ranging from clothing, speedway charms to autographed copies of showered with shale and the Tommy Jansson story. All in all it promises to be a great family day out.

If you wish to sponsor any of the riders taking part, please see the official shaun tacey website or send me a pm through this forum.