British Speedway Forum

Sure, Crump'll get a slating for tonight, but when the referee said we race, Crump didn't argue, just as he didn't argue during Belle Vue's televised fixture at Wolverhampton last year. And at least Crump was there, which is more than can be said for Dorset's hero.

Well said Subedei..........

As stated earlier - 6 heats run so no refund for the fans.   Big shock.  Bet the riders will pick up their pay cheques, say thank you very much and move on to the next one.  :angry:

Just had a message from a friend of mine who was at the meeting and apparently it has been announced that the readmission tickets will be valid for the rearranged fixture. Common sense prevailed over that at least.

Edited by Jemma

As stated earlier - 6 heats run so no refund for the fans.  Big shock.  Bet the riders will pick up their pay cheques, say thank you very much and move on to the next one.  :angry:

It all comes down to one thing.  The vast majority of todays riders simply refuse to adapt to conditions.  If the track is not perfect, and they can't go full throttle, they just say the track is dangerous and as today they refuse to ride.  :angry:

Got to agree. Todays riders look upon British speedway with a 3rd rate attititude. No way that meeting would have been called off in Poland or Sweden :mad:

Just had a message from a friend of mine who was at the meeting and apparently it has been announced that the readmission tikectes will be valid for the rearranged fixture.  Common sense prevailed over that at least.

Good news for the supporters for a change.

Let's hope most can make it back.

Mr Shovlar I would be grateful for your comments on the following points.

(1) Did the Poole track staff water the track heavily before the downpour before the start of the meeting as JC alleged in his interview?

(2) If so do you feel that was a shocking decision due to the forecast?

(3) Will Matthew be prepared to restage the meeting or has he had enough of the ELRC?

Thank you

VV

Got to agree. Todays riders look upon British speedway with a 3rd rate attititude. No way that meeting would have been called off in Poland or Sweden :mad:

And perhaps British speedway looks upon the riders with a third-rate attitude. As was said on television, in Poland or Sweden, they'd have had serious machinery out on the track, together with fresh material not half the Amazon rainforest.

QUOTE Just had a message from a friend of mine who was at the meeting and apparently it has been announced that the readmission tikectes will be valid for the rearranged fixture. Common sense prevailed over that at least.

i SHOULD THINK SO TO.

With only the odd shower forecast for tonight in Poole and with 5000 supporters in the stadium ...........

Why didnt they give it until at least 7.30 to make a decision........

Could it be that tomorrows fixtures in Poland are more important than any thought

for the fans that made the effort to get to Poole tonight . :unsure:

Edited by tony159

In fairness I think they are more qualifed to know whether a track is safe to ride on than we are. I see JC is getting another slating. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to defend him. I haven't seen the meeting but from what I have read all he did was voice his opinion. The last I heard he was entitled to do that.

Would you really want any rider going out on an unfit track and having an accident that could, worst case scenario, end his career.

With all due respect you say you're not watching so how can you argue with my opinion? Let's see how many of us come on here and say we've seen speedway go ahead in much worse conditions. As RR said the riders weren't getting into any trouble. They were at racing speed. Mark had gone from last to 2nd. There was no surface water lying on the track. I could go on.

Sure, Crump'll get a slating for tonight, but when the referee said we race, Crump didn't argue,

That was when he knew he was on camera. When he didn't know the camers was on him, when he was walking across the centre green, he was clearly refusing to ride.

In fairness I think they are more qualifed to know whether a track is safe to ride on than we are. I see JC is getting another slating. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to defend him. I haven't seen the meeting but from what I have read all he did was voice his opinion. The last I heard he was entitled to do that.

Would you really want any rider going out on an unfit track and having an accident that could, worst case scenario, end his career.

Yes I would like to think you are right, and logic suggests that you would be. I think the problem is that GP riders these days seem to make a habit of pulling out of meetings they don't seem to have much interest in riding in, with excuses that appear dubious to the paying public. Fans now watch riders pull out of meetings and say tracks are unsafe with a heavy dose of cycnicism - rightly or wrongly. Unfortunately the element of doubt is now there - is rider x saying the track is dangerous because it genuinely is, or because he doesn't want to go out on a less than perfect track days before the first GP of the year? Not everyone is prepared to take a (GP) rider's word as gospel at the moment.

QUOTE Just had a message from a friend of mine who was at the meeting and apparently it has been announced that the readmission tikectes will be valid for the rearranged fixture. Common sense prevailed over that at least.

i SHOULD THINK SO TO.

But, of course, it remains to be seen what sort of field bothers to attend the re-arranged fixture. The Polish season has started, the Swedish season starts in a couple of weeks. Time to consign the ELRC to the history books.

Seems eveyone has forgotten the Andersen/ Howe incident.

If it had been Nicki that would have filled up the rest of the programme

Seems eveyone has forgotten the Andersen/ Howe incident.

If it had been Nicki  that would have filled up the rest of the programme

And what if it'd been Nicki P taking BP out wide on the first turn of that heat?

With only the odd shower forecast for tonight in Poole and with 5000 supporters in the stadium ...........

Why didnt they give it until at least 7.30 to make a decision........

Could it be that tomorrows fixtures in Poland are more important than any thought

for the fans that made the effort to get to Poole tonight . :unsure:

cant miss their connecting flights to Poland, too much money at stake