British Speedway Forum

GP is the problem here.

Couldn't have said it better myself, the GP is indeed the problem, they might as well scrap any domestic individual competitions, I seem to remember exactly the same thing happening last year.

TST

Just to let you Know MR Sandhu has a lovely sunny night tonight.

I am sure a lot of people will not be happy if this is called off. People have paid a lot of money to see this and we now are on our 8th race.

GP is the problem here.

8th? According to the updates site they have only run six races.

Does this look likely to go ahead?

What a farce. There's no point travelling any distance to watch speedway nowadays. Why on earth do they stand and watch it rain on a track instead of just getting on with it. Radar shows not much in the area so it should clear up fairly quickly. :(

Fantastic interview with RR. That's the first time I've heard anyone from within the sport have any consideration for the fans. I've never liked the guy, and don't agree with much he has to say, but he's just earned himself a lot of brownie points. If/when he reads this thread I'd like to offer a hand of congratulations and thanks.

Not only the interview with Jason but Nicki has been misquoted.

Nice interview with Johnno. Worried about making it to the pub before it closes. :D

having a barbacue in Eastbourne , not a cloud in the sky

I see that Sophie missquoted Nicki and said that "It wasn't an important meeting"

do they ever listen.

even Greeny was asking Crumpy quesions that he had already answered, obviously reading them off the clipboard.

See from the radar that the only rain in Dorset is in Poole :lol::lol:

Edited by Eastie

It's about to be called off. Riders don't want to ride...end of!!! The sun will be out while everyone travels home, I can virtually guarantee that.

Poor Poor show.

Ruined the track by putting sawdust down and they won't even wait half an hour to see what happened.

Complete Joke.

Oh well, at least I feel justified in not bothering with it.

Once again a demonstration of how totally unprepared British speedway is to cope with the weather. How many times do we have to hear that the meeting would have continued if it was in Sweden or Poland.

so what are the odds on a re-run in October :D

so what are the odds on a re-run in October  :D

Slim to none.

Just do what they did with the World U21 final last year........have a coin tossing competition. That should decide the winner fairly and squarely.

What a farce.  There's no point travelling any distance to watch speedway nowadays.  Why on earth do they stand and watch it rain on a track instead of just getting on with it.  Radar shows not much in the area so it should clear up fairly quickly.  :(

:D

Just had a phone call from my mate who lives a mile up Wimborne Road, no sign of any rain at her house and blue skies coming in towards the stadium.

Grrrrrr British speedway

TST

ive seen it worst elsewhere before :blink:

I think we all have.

The riders just don't seem up for it these days do they ?.

Kelvin is actually talking a lot of sense for a change, it's early so why not give it a while ?.