British Speedway Forum
Hazzman

Polish Speedway....week One

This Sunday sees the beginning of the Polish season of speedway. This thread is for all the comments, line-ups, opinions and info. I'm sure the Tarnow, Bydgoszcz and Zielona Gora fans will pass comment.

This Weeks Fixtures

E-Liga

RYBNIK V TORUN

New-boys thrown into the league, Rybnik take on Torun. This match could well end up one of the relegation battles. This season will be a major struggle for Rybnik as they seek to stay in the top division without no GP rider, possibly only in the league on the gift of floodlights. Torun must surely look for win if they aim to do well, their squad looks very weak but if Zabik and Jagus click then maybe a decent season ahead. BRITWATCH- Rybnik contain Chris Harris and Simon Stead for Torun, it remains to be seen whether they will ride. Stead did appear in a few Polish meetings last week doing very well at a pairs meeting at Torun.

WROCLAW V BYDGOSZCZ

Two favourites take on each other in the season opener. Wroclaw look strong in their foreign selections (Crump, Andersen and Bjerre) and their seniors of Hampel and Gapinski but the stumbling block may prove the juniors riders where other teams have young heroes such as Zabik and Hlib, Sparta do not have one. Polonia look good this year after coming up against the Chelsea of E-Liga in the play-off, they can feel very happy with last season's performance. This year a championship win may be on the cards gone are Robacki and Krzyzaniak in come Gdansk team-mates Jablonski and Kosciecha. Klecha moves up to a senior role and this could be make or break season, the juniors still look strong with a spearhead of Pepe and Jonsson. Polonia look good. Should be a close match but Sparta to shave it. BRITWATCH- No Brits in either team's squads.

RZESZOW V CZESTOCHOWA

Polsat's choice for their televised match, their first visit to Rzeszow in the process and a derby match to boot. Rzeszow have tried hard to strength their team for E-Liga and with the inclusion of Rynbik, they have chance of staying up. Another team suffering from no having a superstar junior riders, they do have strength in depth. Nicki Pedersen joins from ZKZ and becomes their lone major foreign rider. Holta and Chrzanowski provide the back-bone and harden riders such as Sledz, Baran and Piszcz provide back-up. Czestochowa seek a new era as fresh the building of their new stadium is near complete. With three GP riders contracted Czestochowa look to be a good side, Richardson, Hancock and Zagar. Sullivan will be there as last year with Ulamek and Drabik still remaining despite Czestochowa's over-zealous foreign policy towards their riders. I think a near equal finish to next season for the Lions. BRITWATCH- Czestochowa have Lee Richardson signed up in their ranks expect outings to be small though.

LESZNO V TARNOW

Poland's most hated club taken on Poland's other most hated club. Leszno once again start the season as everyone hatred team, Adams remains to lead the club again as it seeks a new direction in success. Loram and Howe join the party and Leszno's strength looks to be in their seniors K.K., Balinski, Miskowiak and Dobrucki all there. I reckon a similar season to that of Czestochowa. Tarnow are once again back by the Oil firm of Trizebina (sp?) despite in a lesser capacity. The Gollob brothers continue their stint with the club which as a near-on 400 metres track. The Champions look as strong as ever as the club contains three champions, Rickardsson (world), Kolodziej (polish) and Nicholls (British). The Rempala brothers also remain. Tarnow's joker card so often last two season was Kolodziej's position as junior now promoted to senior, Tarnow done the next possible thing bring in Pawel Hlib from Gorzow. Although questions remain over his attitude, he could prove to be a championship winner. I expect Tarnow to nick it. BRITWATCH - Howe and Loram ride for Leszno, I think Loram may appear more than the odd occasion. Tarnow have the British Champ, Nichols who will appear when TRick is off.

RYBNIK V TORUN

I'll get p!ssed if Rybnik beat Torun :) Honestly, I'll get p!ssed if they beat anyone this year.. My predict: 42:48.

WROCLAW V BYDGOSZCZ

2 (maybe even 3) buses of fans are going from Bydgoszcz to Wroclaw this Sunday. Maybe this will help a bit in this tough match. Looking at results of test matches and Aces Criterion I shouldn't fell so nervous but Wroclaw's track may be a struggle. AJ's ill and nobody knows how he will be feeling on Sunday. Anyway, as a Polonia fan I must be an optimist and shyly I hope on 45:45 :rolleyes:

RZESZOW V CZESTOCHOWA

Should be a nice match to watch on telly (with Wroclaw v Bydgoszcz and Rybnik v Torun in the background on the radio :wink: ). 50:40

LESZNO V TARNOW

Tarnow's line-up looks perfect. Is it perfect actually? Leszno are the first ones to check this.. 40:50

Edited by Mateusz

LESZNO V TARNOW

Tarnow's line-up looks perfect.

What could the line-up be like? Rickardsson, G Rempala/S Burza, J Gollob, Kolodziej, T Gollob, Hlib, Dzik, M Rempala?

That would look very strong indeed.

Probably. And what's more, they can also put Lukas Dryml in (instead of Burza for example).

What could the line-up be like? Rickardsson, G Rempala/S Burza, J Gollob, Kolodziej, T Gollob, Hlib, Dzik, M Rempala?

That would look very strong indeed.

G.Rempala is still recovering after last year's bruise and is expected to be back on the track not sooner than in may, and Dzik is finishing his contract talks with Gdansk; put Zielinski instead of him.

After first rides last weekend there is also much more possible that Dryml will ride instead of Burza.

On the other side there are: Adams, Loram, Miskowiak, perfect home-track rider Balinski, recovered and surprisingly very well riding in pre-season meetings Dobrucki, and of course K.Kasprzak. Moreover Leszno has been riding and training since a few weeks (plus Adams, Loram, Miskowiak and Kasprzak riding in EL) while Tarnow has had just one pre-season meeting so far (plus JK and TR riding in EL).

So it's gonna be tough for Tarnow.

..., and Dzik is finishing his contract talks with Gdansk; put Zielinski instead of him.

In an article (link) on Sportowefakty his (Dzik) name is mentioned along side riders that are listed in Sportowefakty´s squad lists, such as Nigmatzyanow (Torun), Truminski (Torun), Pietrzyk (Ostrow), Frankow (Lublin), Baran (Opole), Jankowski and Jedrzejkiewicz. Are those riders confirmed signings for Gdansk, as loan riders from other club, or are they only rumours? A team with those riders and Krzysztof Jablonski would walk Liga 2 with the only possible team to challenge would be Opole.

Anyway, I can´t wait until the first round of the Polish league, it looks highly interesting.

Any confirmed line-ups yet?

Propably Polonia Bydgoszcz`s line up for Wroclaw:

1.A. Jonsson

2.K. Klecha

3.R. Sawina

4.R. Kosciecha

5.P. Protasiewicz

6.K. Buczkowski

7.M. Jedrzejewski

8.E. Sajfutdinow

100% confirming - after Friday`s practise

Polonia Bydgoszcz Net F@ns will support loudy and crowdly Bydgoszcz`s team in Wroclaw - hope for nice result :)

Edited by Lawrence

IMHO the squad is proper but pairs will look a bit different:

1. AJ

2. Kosciecha

3. Sawina

4. Klecha

5. PePe

6. Jedrzejewski

7. Buczkowski

8. Sajfutdinow

Tarnow has faxed his lineup to Leszno yesterday, and it was quite a surprise. On the paper it looks like this:

1. L.Dryml

2. M. Trytko

3. J. Kolodziej

4. J. Gollob

5. T.Gollob

6. K.Zielinski

Of course it is certain that Mateusz Trytko will be replaced with Tony. It is first time probably Tony is going to ride at No 2. At No 7 we can expect Pawel Hlib, and 8 will be Marcin Rempala, providing he is fit to ride after bruises he suffered in Gorzow the other day. Such lineup, although looking strange at the first glance gives some possibilities. One is that in heat 13 we will have Tomek and Tony riding together. I’m soo eager to see if this lineup will do the job.

Of course one thing that worries most of us here in Tarnow is the fact that our second line did not have much opportunity to practice. Considering this, I suspect it is going to be very tough match for us and frankly I just want them to get over with the first match safely and the score is the secondary thing. Small loose is acceptable in my opinion, considering that Leszno is at home and they are practicing on their track for some time now.

I just have to response to the nice introduction Hazzman made about the most hated clubs in Poland :P and I'm not gonna talk about my home team Tarnow. I will defend Leszno for that matter. It is obvious that you are influenced by the local rival Zielona Gora fans, but let me assure you, in other parts of Poland Leszno is treated with due respect. In fact it all depends where you are and who you are talking to. If you hang out with Tarnow fans it is probable you will here that Rzeszow is the most hated club. Try to talk with random Torun supporter and you will here some nasty words about Bydgoszcz, and vice versa in every case I'm sure. Local rivalry is a fine thing when taken in moderation, unfortunately it is getting out of hand with time. I base my opinion on 25 years of watching speedway and going to matches all of the country. What you can hear now at the matches is going well overboard, and it happens everywhere, at my home track as well, for which I'm quite ashamed. And it is not only during league matches, it spills over to events like GP, where you suppose to leave club matter behind and concentrate on favorite rider or support home country riders. No such luck, unfortunately. This is one thing that I just cannot stand.

Edited by Leliwa

I'm going to Poland on Saturday so I will see the first meeting with GTŻ Grudziądz. When I look at all these teams I don't feel like it's going to be this real speedway anymore. But let us see and hope for the best :)

In an article (link) on Sportowefakty his (Dzik) name is mentioned along side riders that are listed in Sportowefakty´s squad lists, such as Nigmatzyanow (Torun), Truminski (Torun), Pietrzyk (Ostrow), Frankow (Lublin), Baran (Opole), Jankowski and Jedrzejkiewicz. Are those riders confirmed signings for Gdansk, as loan riders from other club, or are they only rumours?

They are almost confirmed as loan riders. Formally there's still only Jablonski as a Gdansk rider, but this is just a matter of days/hours to change.

Unfortunately Dzik ended yesterday's training (mentioned in this SF article) with a broken wrist :(

They are almost confirmed as loan riders. Formally there's still only Jablonski as a Gdansk rider, but this is just a matter of days/hours to change.

Unfortunately Dzik ended yesterday's training (mentioned in this SF article) with a broken wrist :(

Thanks for the summary/translation, much appreciated!

Rybnik v Torun postponed to 15th April due to bad track condition in Rybnik. Winter in the south kept longer..

I just have to response to the nice introduction Hazzman made about the most hated clubs in Poland :P and I'm not gonna talk about my home team Tarnow. I will defend Leszno for that matter. It is obvious that you are influenced by the local rival Zielona Gora fans, but let me assure you, in other parts of Poland Leszno is treated with due respect. In fact it all depends where you are and who you are talking to. If you hang out with Tarnow fans it is probable you will here that Rzeszow is the most hated club. Try to talk with random Torun supporter and you will here some nasty words about Bydgoszcz, and vice versa in every case I'm sure. Local rivalry is a fine thing when taken in moderation, unfortunately it is getting out of hand with time. I base my opinion on 25 years of watching speedway and going to matches all of the country. What you can hear now at the matches is going well overboard, and it happens everywhere, at my home track as well, for which I'm quite ashamed. And it is not only during league matches, it spills over to events like GP, where you suppose to leave club matter behind and concentrate on favorite rider or support home country riders. No such luck, unfortunately. This is one thing that I just cannot stand.

Yes, I have taken the info that Bydgoszcz and Zielona Gora fans do not agree with Leszno's existence.