British Speedway Forum

Poole should be grateful that the incident between the Pedersens yesterday may brighten up an otherwise dull meeting. Wouldnt surprise me if Mr Ford said to Nikki Look the ELRC is going to be boring for the paying public due to the lack of passing at Wimborne Road can you spice things up a bit.  Dont bother going tomorrow people save yer dosh for better things and watch it on the box I bet you a grand Shovlar there wont be more than 10 passes in the whole meeting.

10 passes in one meeting - I'll have some of that.

I've been going to speedway for over 30 years now all over the country, and I have still yet to see meetings with the passing that some on here crave for, and claim to witness.

So where is the place to go then?

P.S. I bet someone says Arena Essex.

I see the Peterborough fans are still gutted about going out of the cup last week then!!!  IMHO tomorrows ELRC would be better off at Kings Lynn due to the track providing better racing which after all is the most important thing to the people attending and anyone especially newcomers watching it on Sky.  The 2004 ELRC was at Poole dont remember that being a cracking meeting to watch. 

Also seems like all the decent action in the Easty v Poole meetings yesterday was at Arlington.  Says it all really.

Everyone knows the only reason the meeting was given to Poole was cos Mr Ford is pally with the Sky bigwigs and his face fits end of story.

VV you've got more bullsh1t than a rodeo! :rolleyes:

Listen people it is just my opinion that the meeting should have been held at Saddlebow Road instead. I hope all of you who go have a great time and the racing lives up to the Poole fans expectations.

Lets hear peoples predictions then so we can win some dosh off the bookies.

Vega Verdict: 1st Crump

2nd B Pedersen

3rd Nikki

4th Mr Kasprazak

Guest PanthersChamp06

1. Bjarne

2. Hans

3. Crump

4. Nicki

Cheers Paul nice compliment. On another matter entirely do you think your old mucker Harry can save Pompey!!!???

Yes I think he will, they have the best run in and are now out of the bottom 3, but I don't really care that much as my club has far more pressing matters to worry me at the moment (see signature :wink: )

And to put this back on topic

1st. Bjarne

2nd Grump

3rd. Adams

4th. Nicki P

Edited by pirate paul

Also seems like all the decent action in the Easty v Poole meetings yesterday was at Arlington.  Says it all really.

Not sure if you posted this as a windup but I will respond. The meeting at Poole yeaterday was the best one so far this season with a ton of action. Loads of passing from both teams and everyone left well happy.

Last night at Eastbourne there wasn't as much passing as in the morning, but the controvesy made the encounter pretty good (thogh not for us Poole fans)

Expect top notch racing and action tomorrow.

10 passes in one meeting - I'll have some of that.

So where is the place to go then?

Somerset?

Yesterday for example,

heat 1 and Phillips goes from 4th to 2nd (2 passes)

heat 3 and Wilkinson passed Fry, maybe slightly dubious as Fry stopped a few second later (1 pass)

Heat 5 and Schramm was passed by Fry and had to re-pass him. With the lines they were taking, you never quite knew if Fry was in 2nd, 3rd or 4th as it was possible he was ahead of Schramm, behind Neil or even meyabe between the 2. (2 passes at least, maybe 10 in that one heat! So we're up to 5)

Heat 6 and Zorro passed Wato, parsons passed Phillips, Phillips re-passed (+3, 8)

Heat 7 and Cunnigham went from 3rd, passing his team mate and Wilkinson to take the win. Won't count passing his team mate (+1, 9)

Heat 8, both rebels passed Schrammy but both had to work hard and I'd argue that the Phillips vs Schrammy battle meant they swapped position 2 or 3 times (2 clean passes, maybe even as much as 6 passes, depeind on angles. 11 passes!)

Heat 10, Wilko 4th to 2nd. (+1,12)

Heat 11, Collins passed Walker, Schrammy passed Walker, Walker passed Schramm. (+3, 15)

Heat 12, Parsons passes Katt, Katt passes Parsons (+2, 17!!!!)

Heat 13 and Zorro from last to 1st, Collins passes Zorro (+3, 20!!!!)

Heat 14, Parson passes Fry, Fry re-passes on the next bend (+2, 22!!!!)

Heta 15, Zorro 4th to 1st (+2, 24!!!)

So AT LEAST 22 passes in 12 heats and then there the rides where riders were all over the rider in front but did not actually get the pass).

Edited by SCB

If you take the usual suspects out of the equation then PK looks a good bet on those odds. Also Scotty was very quick last night, but that was on a very grippy track (not having a pop at Poole but it was very grippy at Brandon), and Hans was also pretty quick and forceful at Monmore.

At least half the field have a genuine chance of winning. Given the right track conditions, and the fact that it's just before the first GP, we could have a cracking meeting. :approve:

Anyone mentioned Lee Richardson? Always seems to step up another level when Sky are at a meeting, other than the GP's that is! A Lee R, PK, KK podium would be nice :)

Looking forward to seeing tony rickardsson tomorrow i think he's has a great chance on winning in front of his loyal poole fans, so pleased he think's so much of them by riding ,he is credit to the sport the place will be filled to the brim with tricky fans, what day it's going to be .

Edited by orion

I suppose that this meeting will include a grand final? yes, I'm sure it will, and that is what makes it so unpredictable.

It's fine in the GP series, because there are several meetings, but, in a one-off event like this, I believe it's totally unfair, but no doubt it's what sky want.

The problem is of course that the rider who dominates in the heats, often finds that a 6th ride is a ride too many, and someone that has struggled to the final on 11 points, or something similar, makes one good start--and he wins it! It's happened many times before, and it will probably happen again.

The only fair way to find out who is the best man on the night is to revert to the original format, not this stupid grand final nonsense

Guest PanthersChamp06
Anyone mentioned Lee Richardson?  Always seems to step up another level when Sky are at a meeting, other than the GP's that is!  A Lee R, PK, KK podium would be nice :)

I'll save my money after his quite Simply Rubbish peformance at the Showground. I'm going for PK beacuse he is on great odds 25/1 is a joke! :D And I'll go with Hans just beacuse hes a Panthers rider.

Steve Johnston and David Howe in the line up what a joke??

Surely Simon Stead , Adam Shields Piotr Prot , Joonas or HKI all on averages about 9 are worthy of a place rather than the afore mentioned .

David Howe's form has been dreadful.

How do they choose the reserves??

Edited by Eastie

So you'd be happy that you wipe out representation from two clubs? Would you say the same thing if Eastbourne had to track lower averaged riders through no fault of their own? David Howe and Johno aren't reserves - they're the next available from Arena and Oxford.