British Speedway Forum

What a cracking GP!

Looks like the world's caught up with Trick's kit, and we can have a chance of a bit of a series this year. This definately bodes well.

nah,think trick still has a few tricks up his sleeve yet. thats why hes the 6 times world champ,hes in a class off his own.no matter what peeps say.

A slow start, I thought, but definitely made up for it later with some excellent racing.

A big well done to Nicki, good luck with his op and hoping he's fully fit for Wroclaw. And great to see Tomasz riding so well, and looking so relaxed.

I think its going to be a good GP season. :)

To be honest, last time I lost all my faith that Gollob could make me happy any more with his performances in GPs (apart from Bydgoszcz GP of course). Unexpectedly he did very well tonight. First two heats he rode on Jawa, then changed on GM and undoubtedly it was a pretty good decision :)

After tonight's success, drinking with Rico and HenryW in Wroclaw is not the only reason I'm going there :D"Jeszcze tego lata, jeszcze tego lata..." :wink:

I hereby ask the Moderater to explain why extreme personal abuse with the use of ****'s instead of the actual offensive words are allowed in this thread. Elsewhere a posting was edited because it said that someone should get a life. I know which type of comment I would discourage.

Did the Oxford fans recognise the rider that was passing GP riders for fun in heats 3, 7, 9 and 14?

Pleased as punch with the result. Only wish Scott could have progressed further. He said in the interview that he was happy with his bikes but he looked down on speed compared with some of the other riders out there.

Okay, my take on the individual riders:

J Hampel: Awful. Terrible display from a rider I felt would do well this season. The next GP's on his home track - he'd better do a whole lot better.

G Hancock: Started well, faded badly.

T Gollob: Started badly, finished strongly. Didn't actually look that fast, but was quick out of the starts and rode some sensible races. Thoroughly deserved his third place.

N-K Iversen: Was he there?

L Adams: Was, I suppose, unlucky. But then again, there seemed to be only one engine failure all night and Adams had it. There seems to have been issues about Adams' machinery the last couple of seasons. And they need sorted out.

J Crump: A typically barnstorming display from Crump, who did deserve his second place.

P Protasiewicz: Well, I know he was there - I saw him fall in one race. But he might as well have not been there. Terrible.

M Ferjan: Did as well as could be expected.

A Lindback: An encouraging display from Lindback. He really is suited to the GP format - always capable of producing a storming race to make it to the semis and then, who knows? Didn't make the final on this occasion, but he will later in the series.

L Richardson: A reasonable display, but when he needed to produce the goods to make the semis, he didn't.

T Rickardsson: Never looked like the all-conquering hero of last season - I think there's something missing from the TR set-up this season. And I think it'll cost him dearly.

A Jonsson: Started well, but faded.

B Pedersen: He's either super in GPs, or he's awful. And on this occasion he was awful. I think he'll struggle to make the top eight. But, saying that, he'll probably bounce back at Wroclaw, where he won in 2004, but was awful in 2005.

M Zagar: Looked out of it, but bounced back to make the semis.

N Pedersen: Thoroughly deserved his win and, as Steve Shovlar pointed out, if Nicki P rode like this all the time, there'd be few more popular riders on the circuit. His ride in the final was superb.

S Nicholls: He tries, he makes semis, but that's about all.

Must say, I thought that there were a few riders - notably Matej Zagar - who couldn't have been far off being over the white line in a few races.

Edited by Subedei

what a great start to the series, fantastic racing tonight.

I feel for leigh adams, unlucky isn't the word, but you have to hand it to jason crump, he made the most of his good luck and punished tony with a close hard fought second place.

well done to nicki too, i knew he was flying this year, but i still didn't expect him to win tonight.

i'd also agree that scotts bikes looked a little slow tonight

A very good GP was showed on the telly tonite, some really great races. Antonio stood out , what a rider! I like his never say die attitude.

And poor Leigh, EF then clear of the field in the semis.

Bring Wroclaw on!

and then Eskilstuna :):)

Thought it was an really good gp topped off with an excellent final.

Felt a bit sorry for Adams but you could hardly say that Crumpie hasn't had his fair share of bad luck at crucial times over the years.

Hampel was very dissappointing tonight but Gollob looked much better after his first two rides. Hopefully he can keep that up for the rest of the series.

Thought it was a pretty good start to the series and have to say that Nicki was brilliant in the final coming from last to first off turn two like that and then holding off Crumpie like that.

Although as a Wolves fan, I like many more Wolves fans will never join the Danger Mouse fan club, it was no suprise how he did so well as he is becoming possibly the best rider around today and now proving it.

Thought I was onto a winner at the bookies as I had £20 on Leigh Adams at 10/1 but at least got some back with £5 e/w at 28/1 for Tomasz Gollob.

As for Steve Turners game, I bet on Nicki and Crumpie :lol:

Greetings from Krsko! The company jollies this year having been rescheduled to fit in with certain speedway adventures - now that 50% of my staff (B-Eastie) are fully converted speedway nutters.

Brilliant stuff yesterday. Loads of Brits here (mostly Eastie fans). Staying in same hotel as most of the riders and the Sky lot. Brilliant place - very pretty, dirt cheap. Food rubbish, beer good.

Great atmosphere at the track, better than Wroclaw final even.

Pedders was awesome yesterday and good luck to him. Reading back on these posts (well, its that or beetroot measli for breakfast) I am surprised and pleased that so many are pleased for Nicki. Cannot wait to see that final again as I couldnt believe it at the time.

Winners; Pedders, Crump, Gollob, Scotty and Lee.

Losers; TRick (though I like him, I am surprised so many don,t. And he let Zagar win for sure). Pepe, Bjarne and Hancock.

If youre thinking about coming to one of these GPs next year, I reckon this is probably going to be hard to beat. Krsko itself like Royston Veysey without the glamour, but big Spa hotels cheap as anything.

Edited by Brightonbob

Lets be honest. Crump has shown good form this year, but when it came to the moment to stand up and be counted, well, he wasn't in the room. Only the fact that Adams packed up allowed him a ticket to the final. He isn't going to be the one that TRick has to look out for.

Oh yeah cos Crumps never pushed Rickardsson has he?

He's only been runner up 5 times!