British Speedway Forum

Guest PanthersChamp06
Pretty sure Adams would have made the podium tonight but for the EF at a crucial time.

Pleased as punch for Lindback, who showed the doubters what a talent he really is. He has shown that at Poole this season and now needs to do it on a more regular basis away from home, starting on Monday a his worst track, Foxhall.

His pass of Nicholls was truly sublime.

It was a good pass but I think Nicholls went to sleep a bit

Massive well done to Nicki, what a star! Great to see him get a well deserved victory and even when he was racing hard against the likes of Crumpy - he never made one controversial move so I am pleased he can win without receiving criticism. Nice one too since I bet on him ;)

Rotten luck for Adams, was convicned Crumy would get lucky and then win the final but thankfully that didnt happen. Great to see TRick beaten on more than 1 ocassion, lets hope this championship is going to be more even and down to the wire.

Was disappointed by Hampel & Pedersen - although I am sure they will both race better next GP. Gollob was also a surprise to me, brilliant job to be on the podium so fair play. Hancock didnt seem his normal self which was a shame and also good to see Zagar & Lindback going well.

Much better gp than I expected, only wish I had been there. Roll on Wroclaw when I will be there in person B)

Scott was fast asleep when Linda passed him :blink:

Both rode well enough though, considering neither of them have had great starts to the season.

As for Crump being hard on Nicki...nah, that was just hard racing, exactly how it should be.

Track held up better than usual. Nice job.

B)

Good first G.P tonight .

Nicki rode well and shows what a talent he is .

Leigh was so unlucky with his E/F when well in front in his semi .

Both Brits had their moments and Antonnio seems to have sorted out his starting this season and kept trying.

Looks like being a great G.P season ahead .

Scott was fast asleep when Linda passed him  :blink:

Both rode well enough though, considering neither of them have had great starts to the season.

As for Crump being hard on Nicki...nah, that was just hard racing, exactly how it should be.

Track held up better than usual. Nice job.

B)

Good assessment ST ...

and yes, heat 17, we were amazed it was't halted; def an unsatisfactory start ...

Good assessment ST ...

and yes, heat 17, we were amazed it was't halted; def an unsatisfactory start ...

What about the final? Was that an unsatisfactory start as well in your opinion?

Nicki Pedersen back to his old self and flying, what a final!!!

Shovlar, how many times had Crump been in 1st or 2nd in a semi-final situation and packed up? I believe 1 of them was at that very track, ye?

Tony is going to be consistant, Leigh was very unlucky.

Richardson is not a force in the grand prixs and Nicholls will always fight to the end.

Newcomers Zagar and Iversen - Zagar impressed, on home soil though time will tell to how he handles the other tracks.

Iversen was on the pace i felt, ok wasn't a world beater but Andersen didn't exactly start his grand prix career with a bang did he? Give him time to learn and adapt himself to the pressure of a grand prix situation and im sure he will come good.

What about the final? Was that an unsatisfactory start as well in your opinion?

Well it was an unsatifactory start in your oppinion Steve because Trick was last :D

So much more exciting when Trick loses.

Perhaps he was thinking he was still at Cowley :wink:

Edited by Eastie

OH MY GOD!!! I was so comfortable in my armchair watching tonight's Grand Prix that I fell asleep after its conclusion and had the weirdest dream which was probably down to the cheese and pickled onions sarnies I had devoured earlier - have to confess that my culinary skills are not that great!

Anyway the dream must have been set in the future for in it I work up one morn, switched the computer on and logged onto the BSF.

The first posting I read was from a certain forum member from the Poole area and it read," The signing of Jason Crump by the Pirates management is clearly THE masterstroke signing of the century. No other rider can match his skill or determination on a speedway bike and he is clearly head and shoulders above all others in every department. Forget the lesser mortals such as the Rickardssons, Lindbacks and Davidssons of this world and all others for Crumpie is THE man, THE very best rider there is or ever has been and the man who will lead the No.1 club in the World to yet another league title and will romp away with this year's Grand Prix series so al the other riders needn't bother turning up!"

Weird dream eh? Or could it come true at some time in the future?

Bryn

(Note to myself - MUST learn how to cook!) :lol::P:wink:

Cooking = easy Bryn

'cept some people can't leave out the sour grapes :rolleyes:

Bryn, that wasn't dream, it was a NIGHTMARE!!! :D

Bryn, that wasn't dream, it was a NIGHTMARE!!! :D

Ah but Steve, do nightmares as well as dreams sometimes come true? :P:wink:

Rickardsson was the best rider on show. Missed the gate in the final.

This is ground control to Major Shovlar. Earth calling Steve Shovlar, are you there?

Well, I'll give my thoughts on the riders a little later, I've just caught up with the GP after venturing to see Stanislaw Burza's debut at Berwick.

Congratulations to Nicki P on a fantastic win in the Slovenian GP and to Tomasz Gollob on making the rostrum.

Edited by Subedei

Excellent ride by Zagar in heat 20......its amazing Rickardsson was unstoppable but for some reason when Zagar needed a win in his last race in front of his home crowd ,Rickardsson could not get near him...Perhaps Rickardsson was having bike problems in that one....

jaybea

Excellent ride by Zagar in heat 20......its amazing Rickardsson was unstoppable but for some reason when Zagar needed a win in his last race in front of his home crowd ,Rickardsson could not get near him...Perhaps Rickardsson was having bike problems in that one....

jaybea

Was really nice that he was able to do so well in that heat, JB.