British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ian

Gp Air Fence Drama At Sea....

I've been away for a bit, so forgive me if anyone has already posted this, but it's not every day that speedway hits the maritime news.

"The Grand Prix --

Aboard M/V Hyundai Fortune is a brand new £250,000 air-barrier that is to be used on the safety fence at all ten rounds of the Grand Prix racing world championship SGP Series. John Postlethwaite, Chief Executive, BSI, said: "From the details and pictures we have received it looks like the ship transporting the new air barrier from Australia is still on fire and we will not find out for many days if the barrier has been affected by the blaze. Thankfully we still have the air-barrier from last year's Series so safety will not be compromised at the Grands Prix."

Briefly, Hyundai Fortune suffered a serious fire, I think on 23rd March. It looks like being close to a write-off.

I only happened to stumble across this information because I'm awaiting a cargo which is on board another Hyundai vessel en route from Taiwan to Rotterdam which has been diverted to Yemen to pick up cargo intended for Hyundai Fortune.

Thanks for that Gemini. It's a major relief to know I'm not the only person who reads the maritime reports!

I'm sure there was more than that but heaven knows where it is.

I think you are right, if I recall there were 2 threads started about it, and one had some discussion on it.

They obviosuly didn't get it as they had the old one at Krsko.