British Speedway Forum

Thanks for that Mr Clemens, I, too, visited Wroclaw last year for the WTC and certainly enjoyed my visit. We took a look at the "Raclawice Panorama" (had to copy and paste that, would have never remembered the spelling!) and were impressed by the painting and the ambience of the building. We also loved the old squares, picturesque by day and by night, and would recommended a visit to anyone.

As for the pride of the polish people, I will never forget them standing and chanting, "Polska, Polska" ........... I was so pleased for them on their WTC win, the riders and the supporters :)

One of the so called Leicester ladies mentioned in Mr Clemens 'War & Peace' day in the life of was in fact my wife who is not posh but is certainly not riff raff.

Were any other forum members slumming it it the riff raff areas I ask myself?

It was us who were being referred to as being posh - all of it being light hearted banter - apologies for any offence caused

Thanks for that Mr Clemens, I, too, visited Wroclaw last year for the WTC and certainly enjoyed my visit. We took a look at the "Raclawice Panorama" (had to copy and paste that, would have never remembered the spelling!) and were impressed by the painting and the ambience of the building. We also loved the old squares, picturesque by day and by night, and would recommended a visit to anyone.

As for the pride of the polish people, I will never forget them standing and chanting, "Polska, Polska" ........... I was so pleased for them on their WTC win, the riders and the supporters

Glad you enjoyed the read Trees.

It was a wonderful city to visit - my wife commented to me more than once on how friendly and well mannered the people of Wroclaw are.

This has extra emphasis when taking into consideration the fact that there are none more critical of a nationality than their own.

I have sung the Polish national anthem at various functions over the years more times than I have the British national anthem. Their World Cup win was well deserved (as I said so in my write up on the WTC) and it would have been great to have gone and seen that too. But what I want to do is go and see a Polish league meeting sometime but most of the time we're in Poland we're usally in the south where there isn't any tracks as I know of!!!

Edited by Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens, you deserve a medal, or maybe even two, or three.

Thank you for your time and sharing with us your thoughts from your trip to Wroclaw GP. I am so glad that you and and your companions have clearly enjoyed it, and thank you once again for your kind words about the country of my birth.

If you ever decide to come to see Polish League fixture, come to Bydgoszcz.

And if you do, let me know first.

Kind regards

PolskiZuzel

Mr. Clemens, you deserve a medal, or maybe even two, or three.

Thank you for your time and sharing with us your thoughts from your trip to Wroclaw GP. I am so glad that you and and your companions  have clearly enjoyed it, and thank you once again for your kind words about the country of my birth.

If you ever decide to come to see Polish League fixture, come to Bydgoszcz.

And if you do, let me know first.

Kind regards

PolskiZuzel

Thank you for your comments - Perhaps I could have Rune Holta's medal??? ;)

Yes we really enjoyed the trip out there - already it's hard to believe a week as gone by since we arrived home. My wife has relatives in Bydgoszcz - I think - I remember going to see a family there back in the 70's or 80's - but I haven't been there since.

But if I should be able to get to Bydgoszcz again in the future (or nearby) then I would definitely go to a meeting and I would certainly let you know.

Regards to you and all the best

Mr CLemens

Mr Clemens, thanks for your views on Wroclaw. My wife and I love the city, especially the main square. The Polish people are so good, we feel at home there, and safe. Maybe the racing is not quite as good as Bydgoszcz, but we would not miss our visit for anything now. :)

Mr Clemens, thanks for your views on Wroclaw. My wife and I love the city, especially the main square. The Polish people are so good, we feel at home there, and safe. Maybe the racing is not quite as good as Bydgoszcz, but we would not miss our visit for anything now. :)

It's a grand place and I think that's because - those who go there appreciate the place because we're seeing the real modern Poland in a process of natural development - a realisation that I have not experienced elswehere - yet - in the other places I visit there - I think that explains the 'magic' of Wroclaw

And, perhaps, if the racing's not as good as Bydgoszcz that's down to the riders who should be intent on serving up a treat for all of us no matter which city and country they are riding in - in their quest to be world champion

We the supporters are and were up for it - perhaps they should be too

Edited by Mr. Clemens

perhaps, if the racing's not as good as Bydgoszcz that's down to the riders who should be intent on serving up a treat for all of us no matter which city and country they are riding in - in their quest to be world champion

We the supporters are and were up for it - perhaps they should be too.

I think it's more to do with the tracks than the riders. Bydgoszcz always seems to produce much better racing.

Can't wait to see Poland in the flesh when I visit for the final GP and the Polish playoffs in September.

It should be very interesting visiting Bydgoszcz with someone from Torun.

Garf

Not sure if you still want this info but here goes ..........

. . . . .

Thanks a lot mojo.

They did fit nicely into the spreadsheet.