British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Joanne

Prague GP

Hi Gem, I was a bit closer to the 3rd bend on Monday, but without the kids, just me and my Mum, so that's probably why you didn't see me.

That explains it as I must admit to looking for you with a couple of children and in roughly the same place you were the previous week. :-(

Never mind Gemini. Thanks for looking for me. I'm sure Julie and I can sort something out. Theres' probably some famous statues or bridge we can meet at.

So who all from the forum is going ? I'll be there, Scotland flag and all ! I'm staying a bit longer so I can get to the Czech Republic vs. Holland Euro 2004 match as well.

Just to double check... how much is the Budvar Lioness ? :D

Guest JY2003

Im going!Only for the Sway tho!Not for the Footie!

Full Throttle is going or so he tells me.

Only if I can find my passport, which has been mislaid since returning from Spain.

Full Throttle is going or so he tells me.

Only if I can find my passport, which has been mislaid since returning from Spain.

You had me checking where my passport was FT. Hope you find it FT. I suppose you'll be washing and ironing you JC t-shirt today :D

Oops! missed this!

In Prague itself, in the likes of Wenceslas Square, some of the rip off tourist joints err I mean elite bars will charge you as much as 55p! Shocking!

Most of the time in Prague itself the average is 30-35p, in the outlying areas its 25p

Now what makes you think I'm an expert in Budvar drinking? lol. Watch it or I'll show you my pictures of the brewery where its made!

Have a good time guys....Gorgrel I'll watch for that Scotland flag!

In Prague itself, in the likes of Wenceslas Square, some of the rip off tourist joints err I mean elite bars will charge you as much as 55p! Shocking!

Most of the time in Prague itself the average is 30-35p, in the outlying areas its 25p

So I know I am staying near Wenceslas Square. Now if I get lost all I have to do is keep going into bars and ordering a beer and as the price goes up I will know I am getting near my hotel. ;-)

So I know I am staying near Wenceslas Square. Now if I get lost all I have to do is keep going into bars and ordering a beer and as the price goes up I will know I am getting near my hotel. ;-)

And you'll be in danger of bumping into me as I'm staying in Wenceslas Square :shock::D

I was thinking about going over for this 1 but it has come round so quick :roll: !

I have been over to Czech Rep before but not for Gp's so i really would have liked to have gone but nevermind,we might go over to Norway now for the last round :P .

I hope Scott can carry his good form into this 1 and make another final that would be great :D

Im sure that all Forum members going will have a great time!!!!!

And you'll be in danger of bumping into me as I'm staying in Wenceslas Square

Now theres something to look forward to. :-o

What's the best way to get from the airport to our hotel, I only ask as I have been told that the taxi's can be a rip off. Has anyone been there done that and got some advice, or am I being over cautious.

Barter with the taxi driver before hand discoll and agree a price.

Prague airport is quite some way outside Prague and the guys who were over with us not on the official tour found they were better to barter with the local taxis rather than try and figure out the buses!

Oh and a word of warning......if a flight from Tel Aviv lands immediately before yours go for a coffee/beer etc before trying to get through passport control! The Czechs are VERY strict on non European/Russian passport clearance as we found out!

So who all from the forum is going ? I'll be there, Scotland flag and all ! I'm staying a bit longer so I can get to the Czech Republic vs. Holland Euro 2004 match as well.

When I was out there a year ago for the U21 Final we took in the Czech Republic v Yugoslavia footy international. That was a price 100 Czech Crowns for the best ticket in the main stand over the half way line...........the price in GBP is 2.20. Just proves that everythniog is cheap out there.

Counting down to me first visit to the Czech Golden Helmet