British Speedway Forum

I enjoyed the trip a lot, if not the racing. It's never been a great track, but the fact is any GP can turn out to be a bit dull. I actually feel that Rickardsson's poor show had a lot to do with the flat feeling. Maybe it distracted some riders, I don't know.

I certainly noticed a lot of dodgy trackwork going on to help the Polish riders, not sure they will feel it really worked though.

Felt a little gutted for Nicki, but he made the mistake and Zagar kept the door closed well in their semi.

But with Crump and Nicki holding the top two places, I'm happy enough with that. If the series continues to mirror the unpredictable Elite League, we could be in for many more surprises this year... B)

The track was crap. We saw several riders kicking at the surface to see how much dirt was there. They may as well have been kicking at concrete. I love even an average speedway match, but that was really boring. The only thing to keep me interested was a fantastic performance by Nicki after surgery (unlucky not to get in the final), and a great performance from 'Grin'. I bet the average armchair fan switched off pretty sharpish.

Is it really too much to ask for some dirt on a dirt track?

you will never get dirt on the GP tracks untill ole olsen goes , he thinks we get good racing with slick tracks. last year in Lonigo the track was solid no dirt what so ever. olsen wants a rider from his neck of the woods to be champion, so as they are all gaters he lays gaters tracks, simple really.