British Speedway Forum

We loved the GP last year at Wroclaw, and the city.

All I would ask is if Ole Olsen reads this thread, please could you give us a surface like the last GP at Krisko. That is what the fans want to see, tracks with more than just the dirt line to race on.

We loved the GP last year at Wroclaw, and the city.

All I would ask is if Ole Olsen reads this thread, please could you give us a surface like the last GP at Krisko. That is what the fans want to see, tracks with more than just the dirt line to race on.

That kind of surface hasn't been seen at Wroclaw since 1999 :unsure:

That kind of surface hasn't been seen at Wroclaw since 1999  :unsure:

It's been a while for Wroclaw to be tip-top. But it is a good track when the riders switch on. That 1999 GP at Wroclaw was a classic, let's hope its like that.

It's been a while for Wroclaw to be tip-top. But it is a good track when the riders switch on. That 1999 GP at Wroclaw was a classic, let's hope its like that.

It had better be or we will be having 'words' with Mr Olsen B)

Just hope for some rain during the day, that will make dirt.

Just hope for some rain during the day, that will make dirt.

Dont expectRAIN until Saturday, then only a few showers.

Edited by pugwash

Can I take it that Olsen started interfering with tracks from 2000 onwards? As they earned the right to hold a GP because of the quality of their track, track staff should be allowed to prepare it as they wish. Only if it's unrideable due to weather should Ole be allowed to wave his wand to get the meeting on, otherwise he should stick to being Race Director.

Edited by Mylor

Well if it was Olsen's hand in there again tonight he made a right pig's ear of it. How many times do we hear riders say ' the track is totally different to how it was at practice, just slick now ' ???

I think we need to pay special attention to what Crump said. He didn't just say it was different from practice, he said it was completely different from a league meeting.

Edit:

Anyway, after an ear-bashing from the formidible Mr Clemens, hopefully young Olsen will see the error of his ways.

Edited by Subedei

I've just arrived from Wroclaw. Another extremely boooooooring GP I have seen there (and I've been on 6 of 9 GP's there, plus one-day final in 1992). The contract between Wroclaw's GP promoters and BSI is ending this year, and I hope that some other cities will have their chance now (my type is Czestochowa, with a beautiful renovated and capacity stadium)

If Olsen is kept in charge of track prep, it doens't matter where they hold future GP's the track will be the same slick boring snoozefest. Only reason the Slovenian GP was any good was because they went against Olsen's demands and watered/graded when they wanted.

There are some real exciting riders in the current GP series crying out for a bit or grip. Give the riders a track they can race and not just gate on and we could see one of the best years ever in GP history. It'll be a win win situation, the riders can do what they do best, the fans will love it and so will SKY and those watching at home.

Time someone had a word with Olsen and told him to sling his hook! :mad:

It's not a matter of Ole Olsen or Grand Prix. Meetings in Wroclaw are always as boring as tonight.

Last meeting I attended there was pretty damn good.

Ok it was 1992 but still a classic meeting on a brilliant track, once the fire brigade had done their stuff :D

It's not a matter of Ole Olsen or Grand Prix. Meetings in Wroclaw are always as boring as tonight.

But we like blaming Ole Olsen young fellow. And we'll continue to blame Ole Olsen.

I've just arrived from Wroclaw. Another extremely boooooooring GP I have seen there (and I've been on 6 of 9 GP's there, plus one-day final in 1992). The contract between Wroclaw's GP promoters and BSI is ending this year, and I hope that some other cities will have their chance now (my type is Czestochowa, with a beautiful renovated and capacity stadium)

Fully agree. Honestly, the most exciting moment of the day was destroying stadium gate 5 by some local fans :wink: and getting in almost one hour before the rest. And what's more - having a valid tickets to be sold later :wink:

Edited by Mateusz