British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
f-s-p

Sgp Eskilstuna, Sweden 20.5.2006

tony rickardson you are the weakest link goodbye

and good ridance

tony rickardson you are the weakest link goodbye

and good ridance

yep, will this be 2 GP's on the trot that Shovlar conveniently avoids posting about?

especially with Lindback being so brilliant :D

Richardson thinks he's in Athens ...

'Nil Point'

yep, will this be 2 GP's on the trot that Shovlar conveniently avoids posting about?

especially with Lindback being so brilliant  :D

Rather a bad night for Mr S.

Another thread discusses whether Lewis is over-hyped, he's got nowt in that regard on Lindaback (sic).

Fortunately the real Swedish prospect had his chance tonight.

Nice & steady..............Go Freddie :D

rickardssons no intrest this year, crump rode well, although hancock desrved it, i wanted nikki to win! :DB)

Guest Shale Eater

Not a bad GP tonight. Seen better but I've also seen worse. Well done to Crumpy on his win. Rickardsson was awful and didn't looked bothered. He was riding better when he was at Oxford!!!!! Can't even see him being top 5 now, but I suppose it doesn't matter as he's giving it up in September, although giving up now would be better! Richardson and Pepe might as well not bother with Cardiff. Bet Hans Andersen was sitting at home pi**ing himself that they completly overlooked him this year. Scotty was next to useless as was Antonio and Iversen. Good to see Bjarne make the semis as he has been pretty close in the other rounds, just got lumbered with the crap gate.

Rickardsson/ Richardson, what's in a name?

One been there, got the T shirt etc.

The other, answers on a postcard.

Both utter rubbish tonight.

Another lack lustre meeting with seemingly only Crump Hancock and Pedersen really interested

Good to see Tomasz Gollob in the mix happy and smiling - and a little Irish clog dancing thrown in for good measure too.

See you in Cardiff

Anyone got the heattimes ?

Maybe mojo or tomasz :P

Well, not the best GP you'll ever see, but I didn't notice the sound effects that herald each new lap quite so much tonight. So, I guess that means it was better than Wroclaw.

For me, to be honest, a GP's always that little bit better when the great man is riding well and tonight Tomasz didn't let me down.

Well, as ever, here's my take on the individual riders:

Fredrik LINDGREN - probably the best showing from a "wild card" so far this season. He might've made the semis, but didn't. An encouraging display.

Antonio LINDBACK - had a strange old meeting, with a first and a second sandwiching three lasts. Still, a disappointment in my view.

Piotr PROTASIEWICZ - speaking of disappointments, we turn to poor old PePe le Pole. It just doesn't seem to happen for him in GPs. Wasn't really at the races at all, except for a solitary and surprising second in his fourth outing.

Leigh ADAMS - a steady enough GP for Adams, but only one heat win. That's not really good enough.

Jaroslaw HAMPEL - looks fast when out front, but seldom looks likely to do anything from the back. He made the semis. But it's about time young Hampel was challenging for a GP win.

Nicki PEDERSEN - looked fast, but took the wrong gate in the final and ran a last. He'll be disappointed with that.

Tony RICKARDSSON - you begin to wonder whether TR will see the GP season out. One word sums up the current champ tonight: awful.

Greg HANCOCK - from awful to outstanding. And that's what Hancock was tonight. He was as outstanding as Rickardsson was awful. A wonderful GP from Hancock tonight, but, again, he just couldn't contain Crump when crunch time came.

Scott NICHOLLS - his meeting was over before he'd even started a race. Doesn't have the nerve to come back from a tapes exclusion in his first outing at this level. Apart from that, he didn't look quick enough.

Jason CRUMP - so fast, so determined, so courageous, so brilliant.

Bjarne PEDERSEN - made the semis. I'm not sure how he made them, but he did. Still, after a couple of woeful GPs, this gives BP something to build on.

Tomasz GOLLOB - a slow start to the meeting - I think Nicholls' tapes exclusion benefited Gollob - and a storming finish. It looked in the first running of his semi as if he might have had the legs on Hancock, but couldn't repeat it in the re-run. Nevermind, he made the final, finished third and was happy.

Lee RICHARDSON - sorry, but worse than awful.

Matej ZAGAR - fairly anonymous really.

Niels-Kristian IVERSEN - better than Richardson and Protasiewicz, but that's not saying much.

Andreas JONSSON - might've got a second go in his semi, with a different referee. But he didn't get a second chance. That said, Jonsson looked very good tonight. But, like Hampel, he should be challenging for GP crowns now.

Guest Shale Eater
Fredrik LINDGREN - probably the best showing from a "wild card" so far this season. He might've made the semis, but didn't. An encouraging display.

Piotr PROTASIEWICZ - speaking of disappointments, we turn to poor old PePe le Pole. It just doesn't seem to happen for him in GPs. Wasn't really at the races at all, except for a solitary and surprising second in his fourth outing.

Tony RICKARDSSON - you begin to wonder whether TR will see the GP season out. One word sums up the current champ tonight: awful.

Greg HANCOCK - from awful to outstanding. And that's what Hancock was tonight. He was as outstanding as Rickardsson was awful. A wonderful GP from Hancock tonight, but, again, he just couldn't contain Crump when crunch time came.

Scott NICHOLLS - his meeting was over before he'd even started a race. Doesn't have the nerve to come back from a tapes exclusion in his first outing at this level. Apart from that, he didn't look quick enough.

Bjarne PEDERSEN - made the semis. I'm not sure how he made them, but he did. Still, after a couple of woeful GPs, this gives BP something to build on.

Lee RICHARDSON - sorry, but worse than awful.

Matej ZAGAR - fairly anonymous really.

Niels-Kristian IVERSEN - better than Richardson and Protasiewicz, but that's not saying much.

Very accurate account of the above riders there Sube. I honestly thought that AJ was very unlucky to be excluded in his semi. I didn't see it as being no different to when Hancock ended up in the fence in his first ride

Very accurate account of the above riders there Sube. I honestly thought that AJ was very unlucky to be excluded in his semi. I didn't see it as being no different to when Hancock ended up in the fence in his first ride

Dare one ask what was inaccurate about my other thoughts?

As I said, Jonsson might've got a second go, but didn't. He hadn't made a good start, but he genuinely looked quick enough to overhaul riders ahead of him. Personally, I'd have liked to see the race carry on to see whether Gollob would've stayed ahead of Hancock.