British Speedway Forum
Rob S.

World U21 Qualifier (sheffield).

Well,I made the effort to go up and very glad I did.A terrific advert for the sport.

Practice started at 4pm,and continued till 5pm.That might just explain the state of the track for those that turned up a little later.

NO PRIMA DONNAS HERE! Elite riders please note: head down backside up and go for it.Oh boy,didnt they go for it!

In far from ideal conditions early on,we were treated to some tremendous racing.

Holder and Zabik were exceptional.

Must admit to getting a bit fed up with negative comments about Lewis Bridger.The only part of his racing he needs to sort out is his gating.After the 1st 30 metres or so,he is as fast,and as skilfull as anyone.In the given conditions,it was too much to ask for him to come from so far back.His lack of experience showed at this level.I have absolutely no doubts at all that he can make it.He has plenty of time left in this VERY PRESTIGIOUS event.

I get just as much pleasure out of watching the youngsters,as I do from watching the Crumps,Pedersens,Rickardssons,albeit in a different way.

Many thanks to Jeff Dooley(one of Kyle Legault sponsors),for keeping me informed of the weather conditions on the way up.Much appreciated.

After watching Poole v Pbro,home and away,Plymouth v Carmarthen,and this meeting,I can only say that I have been privaliged to see the best of all levels.The future of our sport is in good hands,if this meeting is anything to go by.

Well done to each and every rider that rode on Sunday.Thank you.

I'm also glad I made the effort for this one - I'd been away Saturday night and was only back in the house an hour, then out again for the meeting!!

I'm looking forward to the IOW meeting even more than I usually do if Chris Holder can repeat that form again, and the two Poles were fantastic. I also well remember Karol's dad Jan riding for the Tigers, so in the end mum and I decided to support him in the final for that reason!! I really hope we see him again in England

From a Sheffield point of view it was a bad night for Kyle, perhaps there was a bit too much expectation on his home track. But he's still got time to learn (albeit not in this competition) and progress.

One or two people have posted about Lewis Bridger, plenty of riders have come to Owlerton with rave reviews and not done well, and I'm sure he won't be the last one. It's a bit disappointing if the Eagles promotion have said that - Shawn Moran wasn't too good to take part in 1981, not to mention others since.

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip BobC., this type of meeting makes it a bit frustrating for us Tigers fans mind you - over half these lads haven't seen the track before and they go out, master the track and give us a meeting like that, you do have to wonder why others can't seem to do it.

Well Done Eddie for coming 5th! Glad he qualifys! Gutted for Lewis as he has been going well this season!

or any pics, please ????? thanks !

Well done geepeeargh, someone from aus will be pleased, can he buy it on the net?

Very disappointed with the DVD. Picture quality is superb but there's no commentary at all unlike on usual Claremont Tigers meetings DVD's. So the only way you know who's in each race is to listen to the stadium announcer in the background as the riders are at the tapes. So unless you went and actually have a race card / programme from the meeting it will be very frustrating watching. Poor show for £ 12. Expected much better. :mad:

:D  Hmm okay thats an excellent piece of news how do i go about purchasing one now. Beyond hopping on a virgin atlantic jet getting off at Heathrow hire a car to sheffield buy one from the trackshop, hightail it back to Heathrow for the return flight that night back to Oz. ;)

write to; mick gregory,92 wake road,sheffield.s71hg.uk..

Could you confirm the postcode please Saint