British Speedway Forum

Problem is its at Reading not Arena. Dave Norris and Bomber both ride Reading well. I know I'm biased but I would seriously take a look at how Danny Bird is doing before naming the squad, he rides the Smallmead track better than half those in the top 5.

Provisionally it's at Reading for the race off and final. We've got to have a team for the first match first.

Edited by barrow boy

Mick Bell as Team GB Manager I'll second that one.

Watch your back Middlo they're after filling your shoes already (and you haven't even named your squad yet) :P:lol:

I do believe that young Middleditch can't afford any mistakes with his team selection or Team GB might not even make the final. Realistically, Poland and Sweden are going to go straight through to the final, leaving Team GB, Australia, Denmark and possibly either the Czech Republic, Russia or America in the race-off. It's going to be very tough for Team GB to get into the final from there. Australia have Crump (awesome this season), Adams and a coming into form Sullivan, while Denmark have the Pedersens, Andersen, Iversen and Jensen.

LOL. Danny Bird in the world cup! LOL, thank you for  the best laugh I have had this season! (so far) LOL!

I don't see why that's so funny , I think I would have Danny in the team as it's at Reading .

Well if they did get chosen then I would certainly change my mind and probably go to it!!

The Chivsy Travel Team GB Squad would be

1. Nicholls

2. Richardson

3. Loram

4. Stead

5. Rider Replacement :D

The Chivsy Travel Team GB Squad would be

1. Nicholls

2. Richardson

3. Loram

4. Stead

5. Rider Replacement  :D

Not bad Chivs but you need to replace Stead with Louis around Reading (about 5 points difference) Thats providing Chris can score 5 in the World Cup of cause. Before anyone thinks I'm having a go at Steady I think he is a great rider He just always seems to have trouble at Smallmead. I think he's a must in the team for Poland but not the play off or final.

Edited by newbieoldboy

Not bad Chivs but you need to replace Stead with Louis around Reading (about 5 points difference) Thats providing Chris can score 5 in the World Cup of cause. Before anyone thinks I'm having a go at Steady I think he is a great rider He just always seems to have trouble at Smallmead. I think he's a must in the team for Poland but not the play off or final.

To be fair the first draft was

1. Crump (Guest)

2. Pedersen (Guest)

3. rider Replacement

4. Adams (Guest)

5. Hampel (Guest)

but i didnt think I would get away with that!!

Nicholls

Richardson

Loram

Norris

Then one rider and two reserves from Stead, Barker and Harris.

Top three pick themselves. Norris used to ride there and should hit full flight by the time of the SWC. Barker is revelation this year at Arlington and has a couple of away matches to prove his worth prior to the finals. Harris I just don't think can mix it match after match at this level.

Edited by Brightonbob

Nicholls

Loram

Harris

Stead

Bridger

And Havelock in the pits.

I can see us getting knocked out in the first round so lets say sod this year and start blooding some of the kids, with a couple of old hands to help bring them on