British Speedway Forum

But this sucks doesn't it..??

Why on earth are the two races (just one race each..: poor!!!) so early...??  This can hardly even be called a pre-meeting event, it's virtually a different meeting event!!

Much as I'd love to see Bren and the others have their ride it's surely asking too much for us to get inside the Stadiium two hours before the GP starts to watch just two races..??

What possible explanation can there be for this..?

I asked that last year.The answer is Ole Olsen.

He doesnt really want them there at all as 'they just get in the way'

We suggested bringing the 'live' entertainment forward by 15-20 mins,and then have the kids,before going straight into the meeting presentation.Perfect timing.The vast majority of people are ready by then.

Ole's reason for saying no? He wants them in and out of the pit area asap,as there would be too many people milling around the senior riders.

To be fair,it does give the junior riders and their families time to pack up their gear and settle in their seats before the main event.

I would prefer to have no 'live' entertainment,but have at least 6 races for the kids.After all,I go there for the Speedway,not to see some faded pop star.

Rant over.I will still be there to watch them though.

Guest PanthersChamp06

Yes we will be there as well got to support these up and coming Young British Rider's of the future. Will take some reading material in with me though so that I have something to do with the spare hour and a half!!!!!!

Another mad dash into the stadium then.......looks like there will be no time for me to get to the forum meet up yet again (same as last year).

I was one of those that made sure I got to the stadium on time to watch but as someone else said, no sooner were we in our seats (in fact I hadn't even got to sit down!!) and they started.

The experience the guys will get starts on Friday morning and you all forget that they do practice along with the GP riders all day Friday.The work done by Peter Oakes to get these guys at Cardiff for this second year is a very uphill battle and like the UK under 15's he will argue and fight for the YOUTH as he always does.Yes the two heats could be run nearer the GP start time but the event is world wide SKY and one hick-up such as a bad fall requiring medical attention could upset the whole event.Ole is only being over cautious and I think we should be appreciating the fact that they are allowed to ride.Yes we would like to see the youth do a few heats and a final rather than have to endure Bonnie Tyler rattling out the old crap.Lets hope the future is brighter and that the stadium will give us pass outs at 5.35 pm.

Me too. Sat in my seat nice and early last year to see the lads but not sure I will do it this year. :(

Im pleased their riding but not planning on getting into the stadium too early this year.

Last year I went in a soon as the gates opened(5pm),as I was told that the youngsters would be out early.

I hadnt been in my seat for 5mins,and they were off,with only a few people in the arena at the time.

They deserved better in my opinion.Ole Olsen was being his usual demonstrative self.Hardly gave them time to do anything.They were all ushered off pretty quick.

I hope its better organised better this year.

I did exactly the same.

One of the first in at 5.00pm, less than 5 minutes in my seat before the lads went out. One race each, and then about an hour and half of some crap 'stars-in-their-eyes' wannabees singing crap Abba songs.

(And this year we get some washed up old welsh bird).

I did exactly the same.

One of the first in at 5.00pm, less than 5 minutes in my seat before the lads went out.  One race each, and then about an hour and half of some crap 'stars-in-their-eyes' wannabees singing crap Abba songs.

(And this year we get some washed up old welsh bird).

Here Here ..JL

HEAT 1 APPROX  5.10-5.15 PM

J Auty

B Taylor

B Hopwood

J Roberts

HEAT 2  APPROX  5.15-5.20 PM

J Haines

A Wrathall

G Piper

B Johnson

NO FINAL

I too arrived at the gates for 4.55 pm only to be told we could not enter til exactly 5pm.(Once inside you cannot get a pass out).Found the seats and sat down with about 50 others around the whole stadium.

Get in early and support the under 15's.

Should be more like 6.15 and 6-20 and forget Bonnie bloody Tyler :angry:

Should be more like 6.15 and 6-20 and forget Bonnie bloody Tyler :angry:

The 'entertainment' is a complete joke. You telling me Bonnie Tyler is going to bring more through the gate? Not way, indeed I have always entered the stadium as the gates open but the thought of sitting through 30 minutes of that is making me reconsider! I've put up with Suzie Quatro, Edwin Starr, Tony Hadley, Abba Tribute (missed 2003) and few are interested so the airhorns start-up :) (though Javine was tasty during the interval in 2004) :P

Guest PanthersChamp06

If they get music to come to play why dont they get 2 or 3 acts to come on. Something the older people may like, something new and something just pure CRAZY!

Thanks for putting the times on the Forum, as last year I sat around the press Office waiting for the Photographers Briefing and missed the U-15s.

This year I'm going to try and get to see them, and take some pics if I can.

Funny, we have the briefing and never miss the musical act.

Guest Shale Eater

Forget about the pensioner who will be 'singing' and get in early to suport the boys.

Good Luck Brendan!!!!!!!!

I Can Not Believe No Final!!!

Also, we have bloody Bonnie Tyler on, I would prefer a tribute act of something like the Blues Brothers in 2003.

Guest Christophers Dad

Forget about the pensioner who will be 'singing' and get in early to suport the boys.

I do believe Bonnie Tyler talks very highly of you Shale Eater :D:D

Edited by Christophers Dad

I Can Not Believe No Final!!!

Also, we have bloody Bonnie Tyler on, I would prefer a tribute act of something like the Blues Brothers in 2003.

Bring back the Samba Ants :blink: what were they all about :lol: