British Speedway Forum

Sad to see Lee Richardson struggling so bad tonight who tunes his engines these days? Hopefully he will turn things around and put up a decent effort at the Cardiff GP like last year. I may back him e/w.

Whilst it is in some way a relief to see his domestic and GP form match, I'd much rather it had been the other way around and he had scored at least some points. It was horrible seeing him getting no more than Jonas. Still, at least we know which Evil Twin was riding tonight! :D

Watching that tonight you really have to wonder if we are going to have any GP riders next season . Nicholls looked paceless and richardson looks completly out of his depth . Will be interesting to see how simon stead does at cardiff because he might be the only hope for next year .:oops:

After the terrible showing of Nicholls, Richardson, Rickardsson,Iversen and Protasiewicz ..............

Wonder why Hans Andersen was not picked this year .

Sure he would have beaten all the above riders with ease .

Bet he must feel totally frustrated watching their abysmal showing

Edited by tony159

Never mind Hans Andersen, I think Hans Nielsen could still do a better job than some you mentioned.

Never mind Hans Andersen, I think Hans Nielsen could still do a better job than some you mentioned.

(Subedei)

He would have certainly done better than that useless lump of a 6x world champion...

Edited by Jimmy D

Guest Shale Eater

To be removed from the GP

Scott Nicholls

Lee Richardson

Niels Kristian Iversen

Pepe Protasiewicz

To be added to the GP

Krzysztof Kasprzak

Hans Andersen

Janusz Kolodziej

Freddie Lindgren/Kenneth Bjerre

At least the to be added group will put in some sort of effort!

:lol::lol:

I have to say I agree though. Just had hysterics at the abyssmal score that the "great" Tony Rickardsson had tonight. Tough luck on Greg tho' - he was flying all night but I guess the better man won.

It is, however, more of a worry that our two "best" British riders scored a miserable 5 between them (and I'm being kind to Richardson now). It fills me with such trepidation - who will replace them? I know we have Stead, Harris and Kennett, with perhaps two or three more coming up behind them (Bridger etc.) but once upon a time our sport was overflowing with British talent. Admittedly one always looks back on the "good old days" with rose tinted spectacles and nostalgia is a wonderful thing - remember when summers were hot and sunny, and it always snowed at Christmas? This aside, I can't see a way forward - the Conference League, which I thought was to be used as a stepping stone for bringing young riders on, now seems to be full of older, already experienced riders.

Yeah because the other put in no effort at all?!

Greg didn't pass anyone today but was passed once, clearly no effort from him!

Just because they're not the best riders does not mean they put in no effort!

If you put them riders in, 4 other ridewrs will finish in the bottom 4, will you be calling for their heads too?

That said, I'd swap Hans for Lee and I'm not a fan of Hans and I am of Lee!

Lee just looked too slow tonight I know last season he had trouble with engines when his engine tuner was ill but this season he said he had changed his set up engine wise and had more bikes at his disposal. Who does his motors now anyone know?

Guest Shale Eater

Pepe is a one track pony in the GP's. You'll find this out at Bydgoszcz

Iversen, yeah maybe I was a bit harsh but I think he has come in a year or so early

Then the 'great' Brits. They have had nomination after nomination and are still useless in the GP's. Get them out now :mad:

Time to bring in new, young, exciting blood to the GP's and get rid of the dead wood that's lying about.

Lee just looked too slow tonight I know last season he had trouble with engines when his engine tuner was ill but this season he said he had changed his set up engine wise and had more bikes at his disposal. Who does his motors now anyone know?

Probably Justin Elkins . :o