British Speedway Forum
StevePass

Airfences

Halifax had a steel fence, imagine hitting that on a freezing cold night.

I am reminded of Bruce Cribb's advice on coping with Exeter's metal fence... "Don't hit it".

Was Halifax's better to hit on a warm afternoon? :wink:

I was at Ashington's first meeting, and still wonder how the place was passed as

fit. The track was dangerous and the fence was solid, I believe the track was round

the football track. If anyone was brave enough you could hang over the fence, not

me though. It was an open meeting and many riders pulled out after a couple of

races. I will have to find the programe, but I believe the meeting was won by Phil

Crump with a max. Ashington only lasted one more meeting.

Guest Donsking

Funniest thing I've seen recently was on my trip down to Sittingbourne a few weeks ago.

For those who don't know, the track is bordered by plywood sheets about 4 feet tall; one of the riders lost it going too wide in turn 1 and fell, leaving his bike on the track and causing two of the following guys to end up in a heap.

As the dust cleared it was apparent that there were three bikes on the track, but only two riders and a hole in the boards; as I was trying to figure out what was going on, the missing rider stood up rather sheepishly in the field beyond the track! :D

Pity there weren't air fences years ago..would have prevented a lot of the unnecessary deaths and paralysing injuries in our sport .