British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
loyal royal

Travelling To Reading ?

There are major roadworks on the A33 relief road, half a mile past the Stadium. It is causing tailbacks as far as Smallmead. Please allow a bit of extra time to get into the car park. I would advise that you use the Madejski Stadium car park and if you turn left at the first roundabout just as you approach the retail park from the M4, you should avoid the tailbacks. This will take you to the Madejski car park. It is a five or so minute walk to the Stadium.

Thanks for the warning. Do you happen to know if there is dedicated motorcycle parking at the stadium?

Thanks for the warning. Do you happen to know if there is dedicated motorcycle parking at the stadium?

Yes there is, they park them in the dog kennels next to the main entrance.

Si.

Don't know how this roadworks looks like today but yesterday it was still not that bad - they are doing something with a roundabout on the part of A33 between the town centre and the stadium. It's my road to work and what I noticed is that at least till yesterday it didn't cause any serious hold-ups etc (it may depends on rush hours). And if you're going from M4 directly to the stadium or nearby car parks you don't reach this point of roadworks.

Don't know how this roadworks looks like today but yesterday it was still not that bad - they are doing something with a roundabout on the part of A33 between the town centre and the stadium. It's my road to work and what I noticed is that at least till yesterday it didn't cause any serious hold-ups etc (it may depends on rush hours). And if you're going from M4 directly to the stadium or nearby car parks you don't reach this point of roadworks.

Thanks for advice Mateusz.

See you and Rico tonight, hopefully.

They are replacing the round-a-bout with traffic lights. Deep joy.

Well, I ended up at the Reading Stadium car park after looking for the Madjeski Stadium signs but couldn't decide whether they were open or not with them being covered over. I am now £2 poorer for that after parking in their hot and dusty car park.