British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shalefan

Travelling To The Wtc Final On Saturday M3, A3,a30

I know we have other posts on travelling but I thought this needed pointing out on it's own so forgive me.

Just a step further with regards to travelling to the final on Saturday. Right, this may be useful to some that could use this route. As previous experience tells me when travelling on the M3, A3 and A30 at this time of year I thought I would share it with people just to make them aware. People that may use the M3 south bound or roads mentioned if cutting across country be aware that this Saturday it's the Farnboro Airshow. All roads including the M3,A3 and A30 get very congested with very long tail backs of traffic. I know this as I work at Heathrow Airport and learned my lesson many moons ago when trying to get home to Basingstoke after a shift.(took me near on 3.5/4 hrs to get home one year). With the M25 often blocked you may think that by going down the M3 or one of these roads and cutting across country you can halve your time. Be warned.

SO NOW YOU TELL ME !! had to go to Hook this morning, what a nightmere ! any body now what time this air show starts and finishes on saturday

Bill not sure if the Airshow was the problem this morning for you as only trade people can go up till and including tomorrow. The corwds normally build up when it's open to the general public which is from this Saturday, gates open 09.30hrs onwards.

Normally finishes about 5.30 pm -traffic could be heavy near Blackbushe Airport.