British Speedway Forum

Apparently Scoop Pearson has gone into training with legendary Norwegian football commentator, Bjørge Lillelien. For the Final, and using it as a promo, Sky plan to overdub the commentary of last night's Heat 13 with the following:

"Søren Kierkegaard, Viggo Mortensen, Brigitte Nielsen, Victor Borge, Morten Olsen, Peter Schmeichel, Hans Christian Andersen, Helena Christensen,Ole Olsen, Whigfield, Anders Fogh Rasmussen. Can you hear me Anders Rasmussen. Your boy took one hell of a beating. Your boy took one hell of a beating."

Fade to picture of Union Jack, overlaid with the boys of Team GB, and sound of Rule Brittania.

PS. This is no time for gloating!!!! ;););)

And how many times have you read the Sophie Blake threads or looked at the start girls? And no - I don't "dribble over the Danes" before you ask, nor am I a little girl. :rolleyes:

Actually I was nearly sick over a Dane last night, I was eating my supper watching on TV and they cut to a picture of Nicki P stripped to the waist, sweat streaming and blower on...yuck!! :( not a pretty sight TBH. :P

Can't comment on the earlier event between Hans & Scott as my view wasn't clear. I was stood on the first/second bend, where the second incident occurred. The reason I was stood there was that - as usual at speedway - I was taking photos. Something which can't be argued with IMO, is the picture I have which CLEARLY shows Scott looking for Hans on his way into that bend, and aiming his back wheel straight at him. I have no problem with HARD riding, but when it comes to the stage that a supposedly professional rider is more interested in looking for an opponent than keeping his eyes on where he's meant to be going, that crosses the line in my opinion.

Guest schumifan
Oh no, are you going to get Hans, Nicki, Bjarne, Charlie and Niels to come and fill me in now?

Your signature defines irony. :rolleyes:

Robyn the move Hans pulled down the home straight was a disgrace, I wouldn't be surprised if the 'red mist' had descended on Scott entering the second lap.

This thread reminds me of the SWC at Swindon last year. There was a girl stood next to me draped in a Denmark flag, but talking beautiful Wiltshireish(?). I asked why she was supporting the danes and not GB. Her reply - because they are better and Hans is sooooo gorgeous :rolleyes:

she ought to get out a bit more often. :D

Used to have respect for Scotty but thats all gone now!

Im sure Scott will lose sleep over that. Not! :lol: Do you honestly think that riders give a toss about what people on here think? It really is not up to anyone but the rider on how they choose to conduct themselves on or off the track. If Scott decided not to shake Andersen's hand so what, the choice was his not anyone else's, and he should not be judged for it. Most people know there is no love lost between Han's and Scott anyway, so dont act so surprised. Not everyone gets on in this world, its a fact of life.

Edited by Leave some for us.

Robyn

Not being funny but i think you are playing a dangerous game accusing riders of deliberately aiming for someone i really do

jaybea

This thread reminds me of the SWC at Swindon last year. There was a girl stood next to me draped in a Denmark flag, but talking beautiful Wiltshireish(?). I asked why she was supporting the danes and not GB. Her reply - because they are better and Hans is sooooo gorgeous :rolleyes:

Just because that doesn't happen to be your philosophy, doesn't mean she didn't have freedom of choice, that is her perogative surely.All sports men, singers actors etc etc have groupies and the Danes are obviously no different.

As someone has already mentioned there is NO LOVE lost between Hans and Scot, and all this posting on both threads and all the hype from the biased commentary on Sky has fueled this long running saga again.

It was racing for your country, trying to qualify for the World Cup final.You will always have split opinions about riders etc., however, just because someone favours say Hans over Scot does NOT mean that they don't support GB.

Freedom of choice in our little island.

And at the end of the day Scot BEAT Hans.

Little British girls who dribble over the Danes are to be pitied if you ask me.

Isn't there a place for them to get help?

Yes, Peterborough :D

Robyn the move Hans pulled down the home straight was a disgrace, I wouldn't be surprised if the 'red mist' had descended on Scott entering the second lap.

That may or may not be the case - I have already said that I can't comment on that as my view wasn't clear. Once I have had the chance to watch back the Sky footage then I will no doubt be able to make up my own mind on the subject.

If it was "red mist" then maybe Scott should visit the same Anger Management therapist that it seems Nicki P has been to? Certainly it seems to have done wonders for him - he's a changed rider!

Robyn

Not being funny but i think you are playing a dangerous game accusing riders of deliberately aiming for someone i really do

jaybea

As I said elsewhere - if it were an accusation I would agree with you. As and when I have downloaded the pictures I will post one of the sequence into this thread so that people can make up their own mind.

Edited by Robyn1972

That may or may not be the case - I have already said that I can't comment on that as my view wasn't clear. Once I have had the chance to watch back the Sky footage then I will no doubt be able to make up my own mind on the subject.

If it was "red mist" then maybe Scott should visit the same Anger Management therapist that it seems Nicki P has been to? Certainly it seems to have done wonders for him - he's a changed rider!

As I said elsewhere - if it were an accusation I would agree with you. As and when I have downloaded the pictures I will post one of the sequence into this thread so that people can make up their own mind.

well I think you can be trusted to know what you are talking about Robyn , I believe you B)

Little British girls who dribble over the Danes are to be pitied if you ask me.

Isn't there a place for them to get help?

Don't listen to FR. Peterborough is not the place for these supporters. You already need a mac and umbrella to keep you dry :blink: the cost of the after meeting clean up must be horrendous :P