British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Styxfan

Chris Louis

if the best of the brits were out there last night why was chris not in the team for the other two meetings? if smallmead was his own track maybe i could have understood the change .

Well yes thats what i want to know!

Why was Chris not in the team from the start!!

I think it was the right thing to do making the change,not many Brits made the starts anyway.

Who knows if Stead would have done any better? There seems plenty of psychics on here confident he wouldnt have done, could he have done any worse? Louis is at the back end of his career albeit riding well for Ipswich at the moment, but talking of the future the likes of Stead need the experiance of these meetings to be able to gain the experiance to progress and to compete on this type of stage, if stead had performed like louis at least he would be gaining experiance for the future, lets be honest CL future isnt going to be riding for his country, more experianced riders than stead didnt exactly score well at Reading and the chance to gain experiance of these events has been wasted.

Couldnt agree more, if simon had scored the same as thursday we might have done better but we will never know, big mistake not giving him the chance, perhaps next time .

I disagree - you can only go with what you know. Simon had the chance to impress on Thursday on a track that many fans said he struggled on and din't make much of an impression. Louis had scored double figures there this season. Given the difficult decision I'd have made the same one as Middlo. It's easy to be critical with hindsight...

perhaps we are being unfair to midlo and the boys, lets face it we beat the fast starting ausys who were favorites and came close to winning, so seeing we hardly ever made a gate all night we did not do that bad a job.

Who knows if Stead would have done any better? There seems plenty of psychics on here confident he wouldnt have done, could he have done any worse? Louis is at the back end of his career albeit riding well for Ipswich at the moment, but talking of the future the likes of Stead need the experiance of these meetings to be able to gain the experiance to progress and to compete on this type of stage, if stead had performed like louis at least he would be gaining experiance for the future, lets be honest CL future isnt going to be riding for his country, more experianced riders than stead didnt exactly score well at Reading and the chance to gain experiance of these events has been wasted.

Stead proved he wasn't ready for big world championship events in the British GP, when he was tossed around like a little boy and basically made to look like a weak and poor rider when riders behind just dismissed him and made him look slow and ordinary.

Thought Stead was meant to be a racer as well? Seems that move to BV has ruined his racing technique. If he didn't make the gate he just poodled around the white line and he never let the bike go into the deep stuff and didn't look to have the technique to ride what dirt there was.

He needs to work on areas of his riding and after this season he must move away from BV as that track is doing him no favours. He has proved he can get round it, so job done.

southern based British fans showed themselves up yet again.

Whoa hold tight I'm a "Southern Based British fan" how did we show ourselves up?

Absolutely thr right call, but sadly backfired. Chris made just about the worst five starts, in one match, of his career. None of could foresee that. He was on the pace, and tried every single line he could find. Sadly with the track the way it was he was trapped at the back more often than not. Just a bad day at the office rather than a bad call.