British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
silver_phoenix

Inexcusable Behaviour...

Guest Christophers Dad

Wouldn't of happend years ago they would of been taken round the back of the pits discretely of course :wink:

I Wish xxxx :D:D:D

Q who owns Reading stadium? and do they own any other stadia around the country? If the answer is yes would it benefit them to be able to report drunken fans at speedway meetings.

Or am I adding 2 and 2 and getting 5?

Stadia UK.

I might of guessed you would have come out with a posting like this.

It was a one off incident, but you then go on to speak about someone might get stabbed.

Crazy!!!

As always, you are the forum drama queen.

not quit a one off incident A Polish fan through a beer can at Nicki Pedersen when he came off on the first bend on Thursday and there were a few pond life booing and sounding horns during the anthem that night as well.

I seem to remember Jason Crump getting a lot of stick after the end of the first SWC in Poland in 2001. I have a feeling that things were thrown at Jason during the Australian celebration parade after the meeting. So this is not an instance which is just related to British fans (although I appreciate that does not make the actions acceptable).

It's disappointing to see posters on here claiming to say they are ashamed to be British because of the actions of a huge minority. How many British fans were in the stadium and how many actually caused trouble? Surely the actions committed reflect the nature of the people that committed them rather than the nation they support?

Hypothetically, if a group of Coventry fans committed the same act on the riders of an away team I would not say I was ashamed of being a Coventry fan myself. More that I was ashamed that the individuals in question call themselves Coventry fans.

I can't believe that people would behave like that

Almost makes me embarrassed to be british :(

I was complaining enough about the people booing and stuff around me...that's something I don't get...if you don't like someone surely it's better just to stay quiet? I know that's been said before, but surely it's easier and that way it doesn't make you look like quite such an idiot.

But that was nothing compared to what this topic's about. I can't believe people would actually do that. Being drunk or not they still must have known what they were doing

embarrassment to themselves but to everyone else too

Edited by Em

(

im in total agreement, i hadn't seen any of these incidents on the tv coverage, but there's no place for behavour like this in speedway

)

I am also in total agreement. Speedway was the one sport where you take your family to any track and NEVER experience anything like this. It is sad to see this sort of behaviour creeping into Speedway. Only a few weeks ago, a "Fan" threw a glass of beer at Martin Smolinski after he had won (I think) a race. We don't want it in our sport. perhaps the Stadium in question should deal with it - I know Ian Thomas dealt firmly with the glass-throwing incident.

Wouldn't of happend years ago they would of been taken round the back of the pits discretely of course  :wink:

I Wish xxxx :D  :D 

Bad Pat !!!!! :o:lol:

Edited by shazzybird

You were doing well until you uttered that immortal sentence and gave your game away. The old "I am ashamed of us as a nation".

No one can condone the actions of a handful of p!ssheads, but methinks you would have come on here and complained about something else the English fans would have done last night, as you have shown your true colours and have said you are ashamed to be English. You would have criticised us no matter what.

I'm very proud to be British (I can't say English as I have welsh, scottish and english blood in me). At home, I'm still flying the St George in my bedroom window even after the world cup has finished. I just don't condone such behaviour and yesterday I was very ashamed of the state of our nation. We have just started clawing back our reputation in the world of football, we don't need to alter our reputation in speedway to a bad one. It was only a handful of people who did the bottle throwing and abuse hurling, but in the eyes of the foreign fans, it's the British. That was all I was saying. The Danish, Polish, Swedish and Australian fans that I saw around the track aren't going to remember it as a few louts. We were team GB supporters and it ends up reflecting badly on us as a whole.

Don't presume to know me. I never criticise my country unless it's something like this, or other things that are unacceptable such as racism. Like I said, I'm very proud to be British and that's why this has affected me so much.

I have to say that I was appalled by the behaviour of the British fans when they threw glass bottles at the Danish team on their parade lap! It's no wonder we get the reputation for being louts now, is it?

It was a completely unforgiveable thing that the British fans did and it was an embarrassment to our nation and its place in this sport. Isn't it about time that British fans grew up a little? There was hard riding involved during this years WTC, but there always is. No one was hurt and riders gave as good as they got.

I am ashamed of us as a nation. I know this is the classic case of a few people ruining it for everyone, but what happened is unforgivable.

I really couldn't agree more, I too was at that Press Conference and felt totally embarrassed by it.

When the PR man has to apologise for so called fans it leaves you speechless.

For the record Glass Bottled beer was on sale at £10 for 4 bottles in the bar, maybe we are looking at having to stop Beer being sold, thus preventing those that do enjoy a drink having their night spoilt by a few idiots.!

This was my first trip to Reading, and on the whole I had such a good day and am still regaining my voice!

After reading all of the posts on this thread I have to say that these few Team GB fans are a disgrace. Yes, I am very vocal at speedway meetings and I guess I did have a bit of a moan when Bomber came off, but I did stand up and applaud the Danes when they won.

During the presentation I was appaled by a comment made by a man sat a few seats down from myself. As the announcer said that fireworks would be set off after the presentation he shouted out "Aim them at Pedersen". Totally disrespectful, aggressive and out of order - and I didn't mind telling him! I couldn't believe that an adult man (and not a young adult either) would be so nasty as to suggest that.

It was a passionate meeting and emotions were running high for much of it, but wishing hurt on another person... disgraceful.

But, on the other hand, after the press conference we stayed behind to congratulate the Danes and Scott, only to be blanked by the Danish captain. As I remember it, Charlie was the first out and he stopped to sign autographs and thanked us for our congratulations. Nicki P didn't stop, but he did nod and smile an acknowledgement when I shouted well done to him. Hans really let the side down. He marched out of the press conference, completely blanked all of the British fans (I am only presuming they were Brits - sorry if not) that were saying congratulations, and when one lady asked for a photo he didn't even have the decency to say 'no, I'd rather not'.

I wasn't aware of the bottle throwing... I was stood at a different part of the track, but this is unbelieveable! To aim to hurt another person in this way is disgusting and something really should be done. I stood for the Danish national anthem and expressed my disgust at the people who were trying to drown it out with air horns. So, in a way, I guess I understand why Hans did ignore the British congratulations - but I think his ignorance was aimed at the wrong people.

Just for the record - Scott stopped for photos and signed everything that was put in front of him by British fans and others!

Proud to be British?

Yes! Most definitely.

"Aim them at Pedersen". Totally disrespectful, aggressive and out of order - and I didn't mind telling him! I couldn't believe that an adult man (and not a young adult either) would be so nasty as to suggest that.

It's quite possible the guy wasn't being 100% serious with that comment :rolleyes:

Hans really let the side down. He marched out of the press conference, completely blanked all of the British fans (I am only presuming they were Brits - sorry if not) that were saying congratulations, and when one lady asked for a photo he didn't even have the decency to say 'no, I'd rather not'.

Perhaps he thinks our congratulations are hollow as we're not danish ;)

For the record Glass Bottled beer was on sale at £10 for 4 bottles in the bar,

It was very surprising to see people wandering around with bottles of beer. I've always understood that the ban on alcohol on the terraces applied to all sports events. I think the stadium management were irresponsible but the blame must ultimately lie with the people who threw the bottles, showed disrespect to the anthem and tried to wreck the press conference. Hopefully some lessons have been learnt and this sort of behaviour can be eradicated as a result.

At the end of the day, I'll remember the terrific racing, the great atmosphere and the amazing noise echoing around the back-straight stand.

there was an out an out witch hunt when a plastic beer glass containing dregs landed upon smoli at coventry earlier in the season.which resulted in a one year suspended ban for the fan who threw it. i hope a similar which hunt through the press and media is applied in the same manner to root the offenders out or else we would not of learned a thing.

It's quite possible the guy wasn't being 100% serious with that comment  :rolleyes:

Perhaps he thinks our congratulations are hollow as we're not danish  ;)

Possible that he wasn't being serious - but after all the emotion throughout the meeting I didn't think it was the most sensible thing to shout out. And IMO it was said with mallice.

You might be right about Hans... but whatever his reason, it wasn't fair to those of us that were making the effort to applaude him and his team. I think they were worthy winners and won fair and square. There was hard riding, but it's an international event, it's going to happen! And Hans was excluded when he should have been (or maybe not - I'm not 100% decided)... plus they didn't have to use a tac sub or a joker, so well done to them I say!

I am surprised nobody has mentioned the fight up in the bar which resulted in 3 poles and a wolves fan being ejected from the stadium