British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hans Andersen No1 Fan

Could Hans Qualify?

I was looking at the current grand prix standings and currently leigh adams is in 8th place with 46 pionts. If hans wins the next 2 he will be 75 pionts surly puting him in the top 8. I no it is unlikely that he will finish in the top 8 but if tony is sidelined and there are other injuries you never no. I think he really deserves the grand prixs he getting this year as it must be a small consolation for not getting in full time. He is on top form and if, by some mirical, he did finish in the top 8, it would make certain people look very stupid.

No he cannot qualoify as he is not a GP rider. Only the 15 GP riders can qualify.

Did Mark Loram make anyone look stupid when he finished 4th/5th (cant remember which) in 1999?

Edited by SCB

Yeah but if he goes and does it, it'll be so annoying for him. And can someone tell me what happened with Mark Loram in 1999? That was the year before I really got into speedway, so I don't know what happened.

mark was not in the grand prix full time that year, but back then they gave the wild card to who they wanted each round not tacking into acount what country they from, so anyway mark ended up ridin in all but 1 of the grand prixs that year ending up about 4th in the standings, hope thats helped

Yeah but if he goes and does it, it'll be so annoying for him. And can someone tell me what happened with Mark Loram in 1999? That was the year before I really got into speedway, so I don't know what happened.

Well if it is the case that Hans actually finishes in the top 8, there's no way BSI can leave him out next year, they'd surely have to nominate him. Unless of course he qualifies the proper way, through the Qualifying Final, which is looking quite likely.

If the GP series were open to the fittest riders, Hans would be in it every year.

Hans is definatly the fittest rider out there and in my opinion at this moment in time the best in the world, he's beat crumpie twice so thats tellin you something. If there was a total disaster and he did not qualify i think they would seed him anyway, they would have to after what happened this year, hell would break out.

But Nicki beat Hans twice in the first leg of the Danish Championship B)

I also think nicki is a great rider, he to is world class, but in the elite league ave hans is 2nd 10.55 and nicki 7th with 9.64 so i think at the mo hans is goin betta, Nicki gp dippin aswell wear as hans won his last one. Do think nicki has alot to come yet though.

To be honest i think Nicki will have to write this GP year off.Good start,but it all went wrong.But he will be going hell-for-leather next week to beat Hans and win the Danish title.I would make him favourite to do so as well,but with it being an A-Final situation anything could happen.Can't wait for it :D

It does look like a really exiting meeting. Nicki and Hans will be out to beat the other and with nicki winning it the last god knows many times he wont want to loose his title. Then you have the likes of bjarne, puk, charlie and kenneth. Anyone can win it on the night, Its gonna be a good one.