Sign in to follow this  
Hans Andersen No1 Fan

Could Hans Qualify?

From the FIM rule book, go and check it yourself from fim.ch

077.9.1 Riders' scores

At the conclusion of each meeting, a Final Meeting Classification will be

produced, showing the Grand Prix points achieved by each participating

rider.

Grand Prix points will be awarded to the each rider according to his race points

scored during the Main Event (Heats 1-20), or according to his placing in the

Big Final (Heat 23).

----

The World Champion will be the rider having collected the most Grand Prix

points at the end of the Series (Final Overall Grand Prix Classification).

Edited by f-s-p

FIM rule book also says:

077.8.5 Individual Speedway World Championship Grand Prix Qualifying System

The total Grand Prix points scored by each rider having taken part in the Individual Speedway World Championship Grand Prix Series during the season shall be shown on the Final Overall Grand Prix Classification of that year.

The current year's Final Overall Grand Prix Classification, after removing the Wild Card riders, the Qualified Reserve riders, the Track Reserve riders and any substitute riders who have participated in the year's Championship, as they are not taken into consideration, shall determine the riders' qualifications for the next year's Championship as follows :

• The top 8 riders of the Final Overall Grand Prix Classification of that year

shall be directly qualified for the following year’s Grand Prix Series.

(...)

FIM rule book also says:

The total Grand Prix points scored by each rider having taken part in the Individual Speedway World Championship Grand Prix Series during the season shall be shown on the Final Overall Grand Prix Classification of that year.

The current year's Final Overall Grand Prix Classification, after removing the Wild Card riders, the Qualified Reserve riders, the Track Reserve riders and any substitute riders who have participated in the year's Championship, as they are not taken into consideration, shall determine the riders' qualifications for the next year's Championship as follows :

(...)

Which is just a stupid rule. The only reason is to keep the power at old men.

If a rider is able to get enough points by riding in less GPs to be in the top 8 at the end, then he should qualify directly as it is a clear indication of the riders form compared to the "established riders".

No matter if it is a WC rider or a qualifyed reserve rider.

It would be more fair if the Qualification rounds (Grand Final) were given 10 places, + 2 qualifyed reserves, in the next years GP seria so it would look like this :

The top 3 in the GP

1 WC (like now),

10 qualifying riders from the Grand Final.

and the remaining 2 will be for nominated riders.

+

2 qualified reserves from the Grand Final

Yeah, I think the Danish Championship is gonna be great this year. I'd love Bjarne to win (of course I would, I'm a Pirate :P ) but I'd also love Hans to win it as well. It wouldn't surprise me: he's winning everything else so far this year!

FIM rule book also says:

(...)

OK. Didn't see this bit first... This is in "my" rules also.

Which is just a stupid rule. The only reason is to keep the power at old men.

If a rider is able to get enough points by riding in less GPs to be in the top 8 at the end, then he should qualify directly as it is a clear indication of the riders form compared to the "established riders".

No matter if it is a WC rider or a qualifyed reserve rider.

I agree with you on this one garf.Crazy rule :angry:

Have you got the heat scheme for Holsted?Be interesting to see when Nicki,Hans,Bjarne,KB,etc meet each other :unsure:B)

I agree with you on this one garf.Crazy rule :angry:

Have you got the heat scheme for Holsted?Be interesting to see when Nicki,Hans,Bjarne,KB,etc meet each other :unsure:  B)

Hya Doug

It should be on KB's homepage as a jpg. file.

It is on the right hand just beneath the GP-scoresheet (which is updated too)

Edited by garf

To be honest i think Nicki will have to write this GP year off.Good start,but it all went wrong.But he will be going hell-for-leather next week to beat Hans and win the Danish title.I would make him favourite to do so as well,but with it being an A-Final situation anything could happen.Can't wait for it :D

I would like it if all the major speedway country's national champions were all invited to the GP World Championship by right. Such nations being say GB,Sweden,Poland,Denmark,Australia, USA. Would make the Britsh Final more meaningful.

Thanks garf.I can read that! :D

Mmmm Nicki and Hans meet in the last round of heats.Bit of a tough start for Kenneth but more of an easy finish :unsure:

Thanks garf.I can read that! :D

Mmmm Nicki and Hans meet in the last round of heats.Bit of a tough start for Kenneth but more of an easy finish :unsure:

Yep.

We are looking forward to the matches, KB Friday and Lasse on the Sunday

Ha! Can't hide this time.I'll be able to find you at Holsted, that's for sure :D

Ha! Can't hide this time.I'll be able to find you at Holsted, that's for sure :D

If we stays were we usually do, then we will walk all the way around the track to be just beside the ref. tower and the startline (Between the gates and 1 bend).

cya

PS Sunday we will probably be at the same place.

Guest schumifan

And iris will be the one rubbing his butt after the journey :D

I thought i said yesterday to leave my private parts out of this forum.:oops: Probably true though,if i go to Outrup wednesday as well :(:D