British Speedway Forum

With you there Tabby

As a Coventry rider I feel he has done nothing for the club apart from his dominant precence on the track.

He arrives minutes before 7pm and leave 5 minutes after parade.

He never spends time with the fans, maybe the token few and doesnt seem to want to get invloved and ackowledge those who have supported his rise to British number one.

But he is British and a Bee so he will get my support at club and country level.

I just wish he could give a little back sometimes. :rolleyes:

Fairy, are you havin' a laugh? I really can't believe you have just said that. Having said that however, i'm an Ipswich fan, but an avid Nicholls fan and to see Scott still being mobbed at Ipswich every time he visits with Coventry brings a tear to my eye. The last time he came, he had a walk of about 20 paces from pits to shower room, this journey took him over three quarters of an hour, he signed autographs, posed for pictures etc etc until everyone was satisfied. On many occasions he has asked for merchandise to be sent free of charge to absent fans and in particular a little boy with leukemia, who I believe was guest of honour at his testimonial and the little boy received visits from Scott whilst in hospital undergoing chemotherapy and many phone calls checking on his well being. I have been to Coventry and seen fans swarming around him, he is always happy to chat and sign. When he was at Ipswich of course he only had a few hundred yards before he was home, now he has 150 mile trip. Do bear that in mind wont you!

Totally agree Scotty2Hotty. I make numerous trips a year from Plymouth to Coventry and everytime I have seen him take his time with the fans, and as a result he has a big fan club down in Devon now!!!!

He may arrive late but certainly does not leave 5mins after the lap of honour.

im a big scotty fan, like i am of all the brits.

I don't think he'll ever be world champion, he's got the skill, but still lacks the mental ability, which is what sorts out the winners.

One big plus for scott now, is his bikes look faster than they did at the start of the season, so lets hope he can keep his top eight spot and go from there

Fairy, are you havin' a laugh? I really can't believe you have just said that. Having said that however, i'm an Ipswich fan, but an avid Nicholls fan and to see Scott still being mobbed at Ipswich every time he visits with Coventry brings a tear to my eye.  The last time he came, he had a walk of about 20 paces from pits to shower room, this journey took him over three quarters of an hour, he signed autographs, posed for pictures etc etc until everyone was satisfied. On many occasions he has asked for merchandise to be sent free of charge to absent fans and in particular a little boy with leukemia, who I believe was guest of honour at his testimonial and the little boy received visits from Scott whilst in hospital undergoing chemotherapy and many phone calls checking on his well being.  I have been to Coventry and seen fans swarming around him, he is always happy to chat and sign. When he was at Ipswich of course he only had a few hundred yards before he was home, now he has 150 mile trip. Do bear that in mind wont you!

Same at arena last wednesday , after the match whilst on his way to get changed he stopped to sign autographs, pose for several photos with youngsters and was happy to chat away to several people !!

I dont have anything against him personaly as i no he is a really nice guy. He took time to chat to the fans down Wolves and even put this little kid on his bike to have a photo. I've met him a couple of time and got a pic of us all having a laugh together so out of speedway i think he is a great guy its just his actions on the track that im not a huge fan of.

So you are a fan of Andersen's actions on the track then.They look very similar to me, you dont get anywhere in this sport being a gent only last place.

Edited by ring sting

So you are a fan of Andersen's actions on the track then.They  look very similar to me, you dont get anywhere in this sport being a gent only last place.

When Hans is riding dirty, which i admit he sometimes does do, i cant say i enjoy it much either. I dont think that what speedways all about. I think he has grown up looking up to riders like Nicki and yes he has been dirty in the past but i do think people pre judge him for who he is and dont give him a fair chance He to is a really great guy, ive spoke to him and he's really friendly and tonight on sky his coments about Crumpie showed what a nice guy he is. I think one of the reasons speedway is so great is that you can go and talk to the riders unlike football and really feel apart of it. If you are respected by the fans and other riders then i do think it helps make them the riders they are. They need to go out there and enjoy themselves otherwise they not gonna get anywear.

I think Tabby3 more or less sums up the situation.

Scott is a bit ragged at the moment, I think he and Hans are pushing harder than most to move up to real championship contenders, they are both riding on the edge, just like Jason does all the time. Don't forget to be an average speedway rider is hard enough, so don't be so hard on them. Greg is probably the fairest rider in the GP's but it probably stops him becoming World Champion again.

So you are a fan of Andersen's actions on the track then.They  look very similar to me, you dont get anywhere in this sport being a gent only last place.

Unless your name is Greg Hancock

iam a big scott fan i think he done good last night and iam very pleased for him to get to the final and get a 2nd thats wot he needed

I support all the British lads when it comes to SGP or SWC whether I happen to like the rider or not.

Back in the 70's and 80's even though I was at King's Lynn most weeks, I was never a Dave Jessup fan, but always supported him at World Championship level.

Nobody suffered as much bad luck as he did.

I like Scott, he's no angel and may or may not be a future world champion. I don't like Andersen as a person, but acknowledge that he is at the moment one of the best riders in the world.

I would like to say how pleased i was for Scott in firstly getting to the final of the G.P. Having that extra aggression in his riding to succeed in his aim, a more positive aproach and getting second place in a World Class line up in the Final was the iceing on top of the cake!

Well Done Scott Nicholls! :approve:

Keep working like that and soon you`ll be winning a G.P or two.