British Speedway Forum
mikowhy

New Speedway Game (online) Simulator

If you start your won server, how do you know that the IP address will be?

Is it the IP address of you actual PC connected to the Internet? If so, try this:

If you start your won server, how do you know that the IP address will be?

Is it the IP address of you actual PC connected to the Internet? If so, try this:

thats what i thought but it just says connection fail with yours

i don't get why it isn't working

OK, I've started a server with British tracks and made some changes to my firewall. It's on this IP:

Let me know if you can connect or get errors.

OK, I've stopped that server now. I'll do some more "investigation"!

OK, I've stopped that server now. I'll do some more "investigation"!

il be back in about 30 mins...see what you can do...wheres spook or scb when you need em lol

you rang ;)

ok well as briefly touched on by myself and SCB earlier in the thread......if you are using a router other than the bulk standard ISP one you MUST configure it to 'port forward'......................configure it to allow ports 6654 to 6655 to forward to the internal address of the PC in question (you can find this out by going to start\run typing in 'cmd' press enter......then in dos box type in 'ipconfig' (or winipcfg if you are using a dinosaur)

otherwise all that is happening is that people trying to connect are just hitting your router which is not allowing people through :)

has anyone got a game running?

edit: also one thing to consider with the server business is if you are running a firewall (software) and it is not setup to automatically ask you if you would like to accept tcp traffic on ports 6654 and 6655 (most firewalls are automated with this kind of thing though)

Edited by spook

You can find that at : sound\raceend.wav

thx Henry....................unfortunately that one I get on with and is just for training............I believe it is a far different (and some might say annoying one :P) with the network play

What is the file TSServerTool.exe and does it need to be running for the server to work?

What is the file TSServerTool.exe and does it need to be running for the server to work?

no idea Matt but I know I haven't clicked on it before.......once routers are configured etc it should be as simple as setting up server in main game exe