British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BUDGIE

Retirement Announced

According to http://www.speedwayworld.tv/ Trick has announced that he had retired from all Speedway, effective immediately.

I'll always remember his pass on Nielsen in the 1994 World Final at Vojens,I was standing looking down that straight, I think that was the moment he really arrived!

Edited by BUDGIE

For those too lazy to click the link - allow me!! :D

From Speedway worldTV

Six times world champion Tony Rickardsson announced his early retirement from both world championship and domestic speedway at a press conference in Stockholm today.

Rickardsson missed last weekend’s FIM Italian Grand Prix on doctor’s orders and the Swede has said he does not want to risk any more injuries.

He will be replaced at the FIM ES Scandinavian Speedway Grand Prix in Målilla, Sweden, on 12 August by Australian ace Ryan Sullivan, who is second reserve for the SGP Series. For the remainder of the season first reserve Hans Andersen will step up to fill Rickardsson’s position.

Best too that he retires too equal with the great Ivan Mauger. :approve:

Good on him to call it quit, better safe than sorry..

Thanks for some cracking good moments in speedway and i wich him all the very best in the future.....

well it's not that surprising really, although it's a sad end in a way to a great career.

hope he does well in his car racing

For those too lazy to click the link - allow me!!  :D

You just told Steve Shovlar off for helping someone out and you go and do this :wink:

Everyone has their own opinions of his retirement and memories of Mr Rickardsson, some great memories of him from Poole, the look on my little lads face was priceless when he shook his hand in the garage en route to Poole. All the autographs that he signed for him also the hat he gave to him :approve:

Many thanks for making my little lad one of the happiest kids within the sport for the last 7 years, he is now looking forward to watching theCar Racing (Just when you thought he would leave you alone :lol: )

Good luck with all your future plans and thanks for the entertainment :approve:

Tony Rickardsson Six Times World Speedway Champion

Thanks for your efforts for the Hammers last year Ricko at the start of the season riding for us helped him on his way to his sixth world title.