British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jools

Målilla Gp

Everyone has ranted and raved about how Crump should have been excluded and Nicholls shouldn't etc etc.

First of all a big congatulations to all the riders for giving it a go thus proving they can ride in the rain.

Secondly congratulations to AJ...a thoroughly deserving winner and the best rider on the night without a doubt.

Thirdly Crump was right not to be excluded, Lindback went too wide and Crump had more speed on the inside. IMO Lindack went down a bit too easily but in the conditions probably had no choice.

Finally...Nicholls and Andersen is becoming like Penhall and Carter all over again. The only one who will lose out is speedway, as the personal battle between those 2 could start to endanger others.

All in all not a bad GP considering the conditions.

Since when? You used to do nothing but slag him off! :blink:

Actually, Subedei has always Champions AJ's talents but he has slaggged off his commitment to British Speedway and to a lesser extent his commitment to get to the very top. I don't believe Subedei has been wrong in much he has said about AJ at all (until last week :P)

So then guys, where does Scott hit Hans coming out of the bend?

Did Scott really forget to turn going into the bend?

Who's elbow moves first?

Who's leaning and in what direction?

Who's leading going into the bend?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chrisbrown/scottyvshansHQ.avi (about 15 MBs)

Edited by SCB

1 Yes

2 Scotts

3 Scott Right

4 Hans.

Actually, it's

No (watch where Scott is compared to the white line, had he turned any sooner he'd have bene over it!!)

Hans has his elbow stuck out coming out of the bend (his perogative tho) but Scott is the first to elbow the other after the netx point

Hans (left), really quite clear if you look at the view form behind and the view from behind. Scott is actually seen leaning left.

Hans/Scott are side by side. Having watched it over and over it depends on what view you watch, I thikn Hans just has it.

Actually, it's

No (watch where Scott is compared to the white line, had he turned any sooner he'd have bene over it!!)

Hans has his elbow stuck out coming out of the bend (his perogative tho) but Scott is the first to elbow the other after the netx point

Hans (left), really quite clear if you look at the view form behind and the view from behind.  Scott is actually seen leaning left.

Hans/Scott are side by side. Having watched it over and over it depends on what view you watch, I thikn Hans just has it.

One thing seems certain......... scott seems to go quicker with Hans just in front of him!!

One thing seems certain......... scott seems to go quicker with Hans just in front of him!!

Maybe Coventry should attach Hans to the dog rail at Brandon :D

Lol SCB. :lol:

Much as the Hans v Scott 'grudge' makes for entertaining viewing when the two clash, I just hope that the red mist doesn't descend to such a stage that they endanger each other or worse other riders on the track. It seems they both like to get one over the other, and the sparks are just waiting to fly each time. Both as bad as each other imo, which is fine for the viewer, just as long as they don't get too stupid about it.

Edited by rabbit

would you agree that hans was only slightly in front because Nicholls is virtually dragging him along due to the fact that hans is sprawled across Nicholls much in the same way that the Hans groupies would like to sprawled across hans?

( not picking an argument just want to know your opinion, and also not accusing you of being a hans groupie :lol: )

God, this is getting so boring. Lindback was excluded, end of story. Time to move on!

Edited by BritPete

Not anything to do with Gollobs points total? :D

A shameful performance from Gollob, although he did at least put a little effort into his final race. It seems he's only interested in racing on slick, dry tracks these days.

Anyway, regardless of that, I still thought it a poor GP, raced in appalling conditions. The only thing that kept it interesting was the controversy and Jonsson's brilliance.

Much as the Hans v Scott 'grudge' makes for entertaining viewing when the two clash, I just hope that the red mist doesn't descend to such a stage that they endanger each other or worse other riders on the track. It seems they both like to get one over the other, and the sparks are just waiting to fly each time. Both as bad as each other imo, which is fine for the viewer, just as long as they don't get too stupid about it.

I agree, the duo do seem to be developing an unhealthy obsession with each other.

No need to be angry there PC.  :P

Think this could be AJ's best opportunity this year to win a GP. If not him, then I say Hancock will take it.

Good to have a prediction come true for once. :D Big well done AJ, good to see you win a GP.

Maybe Coventry should attach Hans to the dog rail at Brandon :D

:lol:

Well done AJ

Edited by shirls