British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Prague- Who Is Going?

Oh good.

I do know of 22 people who will be flying back to Manchester on Bank Holiday Monday ...

Dont panic Addy. :o

The idea of a strike is partly to get public sympathy. I dont think anyone would give sympathy if they went on strike following all the delays due to terror alerts.

I reckon if they do anything it will be postoned till later in the year.

I may be wrong of course :D

Dont panic Addy. :o

The idea of a strike is partly  to get public sympathy. I dont think anyone would give sympathy if they went on strike following all the delays due to terror alerts.

I reckon if they do anything it will be postoned till later in the year.

I may be wrong of course  :D

I am hoping you are right -

What you are saying is the most sensible.

Just got some good news via Chivs - you can take a Case and a small bag (that would normally be carry on) - both will be put in the hold.

This has cheered me up as I was wondering what to do with the Vodka on the way back :rolleyes:

I am hoping you are right -

What you are saying is the most sensible.

Just got some good news via Chivs - you can take a Case and a small bag (that would normally be carry on) - both will be put in the hold.

This has cheered me up as I was wondering what to do with the Vodka on the way back  :rolleyes:

That may be the 'case' (get it!) with Thompson but Easyjet are saying there is an increased hold baggage from 20 to 25k but its still one piece.

Suggest you check with your airline Addy unless it is Thompson in which case your airline has already checked with you!!!! :)

3 of us going from stanstead friday morning, got a apartment 500 yrds from square.

That may be the 'case' (get it!) with Thompson but Easyjet are saying there is an increased hold baggage from 20 to 25k but its still one piece.

Suggest you check with your airline Addy unless it is Thompson in which case your airline has already checked with you!!!! :)

Thanks

Oh beggar !

Yes, of course. :lol:  :wink:

argh - punctuation will be the death of me!!! :P

In which Hotel will the Travel Plus group be staying on arrivial in the city of Prague? :D

Travel Plus tours have up graded our hotel to the very,very lush DIPLOMAT HOTEL.

Looking foward to our visit

Regards

Travel Plus tours have up graded our hotel to the very,very lush DIPLOMAT HOTEL.

Looking foward to our visit

Me too, but Mrs Shaledodger was looking forward to the swimming pool at the Pyramida.

just thought I would add this update regarding cabin baggage. It seems approriate in here as we are all travelling soon -

update here

it is lengthy so I havent copied it.

It is basically saying you can now take 1 piece of handbaggage again. Not a handbag and a case but 1 piece. Still no liquids but most other things.

Liquids not areal problem though - WHS Airside will do the trick (unless its medication of course) :)

We are flying out on Saturday morning from manchester Czech Airlines, me plus 5

coming back on Tuesday evening.

Hope the weather is better this year. :)

Does anyone know if there are any local meetings near the Prague area on Sunday or even just over the border in Poland ?

Is it possible to catch a train to Slany and if so does anyone know how far the track is from the station?

According to http://www.volny.cz/speedway.slany/kalendar.htm I think the meeting starts at 5:30 and not 6:00PM

Also does anyone have any ideas as to the lineup?

Regarding the transport out to slany, theres a bus/tram from dejvicka <for those that eint been before, this is where the bus from the airport stops at the end of the metro>. It says depart 13-42 arrive 14-25, 32km, 33kr. Coming back thers a 22-35 thats get back to dejvicka at 23-20. There's other options but this seemed about the easiest one to me. I'm sure there's a train service out there, but i couldn't find one that comes back after 10pm. If anybody has found a good train option, please post it as i'm sure most would prefer to go by train.

Not going this season :cry: Hope to go next season though! Hope everyone going has fun!